Canned food: Latest news and analysis articles
Price is becoming an ever more significant issue in the UK grocery sector. Squeezed consumers and pressured retailers are increasingly focus...
It hardly even seems to count as news: the German discounters continue to make strides in the UK. The trend has been in evidence for years n...
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, appears to have a solid strategy in place - but whether it can succeed in eking out top-line growth in...
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
Premier Foods has strengthened its financial position and is building profitability through a focus on cost reduction. However, the UK company is finding the going tougher as it looks to accelerate its sales growth. Chief executive Gavin Darby spoke to just-food about how Premier is adapting to the changing landscape in UK grocery retail.
Belgium-based vegetable supplier Greenyard Foods has reported higher underlying half-year profits.
This week, Unilever filed a lawsuit against egg-free "mayo" maker Hampton Creek, alleging the US firm's Just-Mayo product is a fraud. In France, a food major was on the receiving end of legal action after French ice cream maker Dagniaux started proceedings against Danone.
The Israel-Gaza conflict has continued to impact G. Willi-Food's business, with the Israeli food maker reporting a 32.8% decrease in profits for the first nine months of the year.
South African food company Rhodes Food Group Holdings has forecast annual underlying earnings will increase by more than a third.
Singapore-based agri-food group Olam International has said it is in talks on "corporate development opportunities" after its shares rose sharply, prompting a stock market request for information.
Turkish food group Tat Gida has reported an increase in revenue and earnings for the first nine months of 2014.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report