Canned food: Latest news and analysis articles
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the...
A group of 60 institutional investors has written to 15 food and drink companies urging improvement in how they manage and report on water r...
The easing of decade-long economic sanctions on Iran lifted could open a potentially attractive market for international food makers, with a...
Kraft Heinz Co. last week gave some indication of the financial performance of its constituent parts when the newly-formed company published...
The Consumer Goods Forum, with its 400 retail and manufacturing members including the likes of Nestle and Unilever, has announced an ambitious commitment to halve global food waste by 2025. In an interview with just-food's Hannah Abdulla, director of sustainability at the CGF, Ignacio Gavilan, explains what the promise means for its members and why it is so important to set a goal like this in motion.
In the first Sustainability Watch of 2015, Dave Stangis, vice president of public affairs and CSR at Campbell Soup Co., speaks with Ben Cooper about the company's approach to sustainability and the recognition it has brought.
US group B&G Foods is reportedly in advanced talks to buy General Mills' Green Giant frozen and canned vegetable business.
Three more lawsuits have been filed alleging price-fixing among major US canned tuna companies.
US egg-free spread Just Mayo hit the headlines this week after the country's food watchdog said it had broken labelling rules. Among a number of M&A deals, European nutrition bar maker VSI was sold to US group Hearthside Food Solutions and Mengniu Dairy, one of China's largest dairy processors, insisted the prospects for the sector in the country remained strong.
A deal for Green Giant could be nearing with claims US group B&G Foods is in advanced talks to buy the business from General Mills. Elsewhere, eight companies have expressed interest in Australia's Brownes Dairy, while one sale that was announced this week was the acquisition of European snack bar maker VSI by US co-packer Hearthside Food Solutions. And one story that caught your attention was upstart US egg-free mayo maker Just Mayo coming under fire from the country's food watchdog.
The state body advising France's government on public health policy has backed the introduction of nutrition labels with five colours.
Rhodes Food Group's acquisition of fellow South African food company Deemster has received the all-clear from the country's competition watchdog.
A panel advising the UK government on health and nutrition has today (17 July) called for the guidance on sugar intake to be halved, putting further scrutiny on parts of the industry. Should the recommendation become official, translating the advice into easy-to-follow consumer messages will be vital. One organisation has already set out what a typical weekly meal plan could look like.
The UK government has hosted a meeting today (16 July) with 80 representatives from the country's food and farming sector, with an eye on developing a 25-year plan to, in part, increase the industry's international competitiveness.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019