Chilled foods: Latest news and analysis articles
Price is becoming an ever more significant issue in the UK grocery sector. Squeezed consumers and pressured retailers are increasingly focus...
It hardly even seems to count as news: the German discounters continue to make strides in the UK. The trend has been in evidence for years n...
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, appears to have a solid strategy in place - but whether it can succeed in eking out top-line growth in...
Large publicly-owned multinationals, such as Unilever and PepsiCo, are widely praised for showing leadership in corporate sustainability. In this month's Sustainability Watch, Roberto Ciati, sustainability director at Italian pasta, sauces and baked goods group Barilla, discusses how private, family ownership can inform a progressive approach to sustainability.
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
Meruelo Group-owned Fuji Food Products plans to open a ready meal production plant in South Elgin, Illinois, next month.
Natural frozen and chilled food manufacturer MamaMancini's saw higher third quarter net losses on charges despite reporting bumper sales in the period.
A Paris district court has completed its investigation into last year's pan-European meat scandal which saw horse being passed off as beef, charging four men with fraudulent action.
just-food is at the ExCel centre in London's Docklands today for a new industry event. Food Matters Live, launched this year, is a three-day conference and exhibition, which, organisers say, "bring together the food and drink industry, retailers, foodservice providers, government, and those working in nutrition and health to tackle one of the most important challenges of our time - the relationship between food, health and nutrition".
This week, Unilever filed a lawsuit against egg-free "mayo" maker Hampton Creek, alleging the US firm's Just-Mayo product is a fraud. In France, a food major was on the receiving end of legal action after French ice cream maker Dagniaux started proceedings against Danone.
UK own-label fresh food group Bakkavor has reported higher profits for the first nine months of the year, with the company's share gains continuing in the third quarter.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report