Chilled foods: Latest news and analysis articles
The growing urban lifestyle of Thai consumers has been driving demand for packaged convenient food. Convenience stores are gaining in import...
A growing body of food makers are adopting zero-based budgeting as a tool to reduce costs and improve resource allocation. The method has al...
General Mills booked a 7% drop in first-quarter net sales last week, with sales down 4% on an organic basis. The US company has repeatedly i...
Amid the uncertainty following the UK vote to leave the EU on 23 June, British food companies and global food giants with UK sites will have...
Operating one of India’s largest food companies is not simple task, Suresh Narayanan, Nestle India chairman and managing director, tells to just-food in an exclusive interview at his business’ Gurgaon headquarters, near New Delhi. The company faces an array of challenges in the market – from the Maggi recall, to intensifying competition, to issues like obesity and diabetes. Narayanan shares how the Switzerland-based food giant is responding in the country.
In the second part of an extensive interview on the implications of Brexit for UK food companies, Ian Wright, director general of industry association the Food and Drink Federation, speaks with Ben Cooper about the longer-term implications of Brexit for UK food and farming policy and on the food industry's labour force.
The European Union should place mandatory limits on industrially produced trans fatty acids (TFA), according to Members of the European Parliament.
UK children's ready meals maker Little Dish is developing plans to launch its range of products in the US.
Icelandic Seachill is growing its Canadian presence with the introduction of The Saucy Fish Co. pre-cooked products in the market.
Nestle's US refrigerated pasta and sauce brand Buitoni has committed to sourcing ingredients that do not contain GMOs.
Lactalis Nestle, the dairy joint venture formed between the two food groups in 2006, is expanding its Spanish product offering with the launch of Nestle Gold Crunchy Cream.
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker Utz Quality Foods accepted the backing of investment firm Metropoulos & Co. Nestle's third-quarter sales disappointed some in the investment community and we spoke to the director general of UK trade body the Food and Drink Federation about the impact Brexit could have on the sector.
Confidence in the UK food and drink manufacturing sector is becoming "more fragile", industry association The Food and Drink Federation has claimed after a survey of its members - and Brexit is said to be a major factor.
The 2014 accounting scandal at Tesco has returned to the headlines today (9 September), with news three former executives have been charged over the affair.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report