Confectionery: Latest news and analysis articles
Unilever is building on its push into branded ice cream retail with the acquisition of Italian gelato group Grom. And Unilever is not the on...
Are promotions leading to increased sales in Europe's major grocery markets? IRI's Jacques Dupré analyses how discounts are affecting sales,...
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
Reflecting not only the increasing emphasis food companies are placing on their agricultural supply chains but on supporting smallholder farmers specifically, Mars and Danone have jointly launched the Livelihoods Fund for Family Farming. Barry Parkin, chief sustainability officer and health & wellness officer at Mars, spoke with Ben Cooper about the initiative and the positive impact the founding companies hope it will bring.
Divine Chocolate recently announced it is merging its US and UK businesses to "strengthen" its structure and gain a "wider consumer reach". The news will see the dots joined between Divine's businesses on either side of the pond. Sophi Tranchell, who headed up the UK business and has taken over as group CEO, spoke to just-food about how the move will benefit the company and where Divine plans to grow its global premium chocolate business.
Multinational company bosses are bullish about their operations in China, and expect profitability to remain good, but predict the rate of business growth will continue to slow down as conditions become ever more challenging.
Croatia-based food group Podravka has announced plans to buy up the remaining shares in Slovenian pasta-to-confectionery group Zito, only six months after striking a deal to buy a 51% majority stake in the company.
Major food producers and manufacturers operating in the UK are to work with the Institute of Grocery Distribution to launch a national healthy-eating campaign.
Nestle has made a new commitment to send zero waste to landfill from its production facilities in the US by 2020.
The Chinese authorities are starting to implement more stringent food safety regulations under revised laws.
The Soil Association, the UK body that issues organic certification, is reviewing its standards and looking to simplify the process.
Online selling still represents a huge opportunity for food manufacturers to develop a better understanding of their shoppers and to reach them directly, according to a new report set to be published next month.
Is there a link between the weather cooling and the food industry belt-tightening? It appears autumn is the prime season for food manufacturers to get their firms operating at maximum efficiencies, with news of job-cuts is on the up.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019