Dairy: Latest news and analysis articles
Sustainability concerns pervade every aspect of a food company’s operations so opportunities and approaches to engage employees in sustainab...
It emerged this week that French dairy giant Danone could be preparing to pull its Dumex infant formula brand from Vietnam. It is not yet cl...
Amid the uncertainty following the UK vote to leave the EU on 23 June, British food companies and global food giants with UK sites will have...
August, contrary to its reputation as a slow month for business news, saw some notable moves in the global foodservice sector, including Can...
The market reacted positively to Emmi's first-half results and the Swiss dairy group's ongoing efforts to improve its profitability but the business does face challenges, not least on its top line. Facing challenges at home, the company is also looking to continue to expand internationally to further broaden its business, although growth has come under some pressure in some overseas markets, while the group has to weigh up the impact of Brexit. Dean Best spoke to Emmi CEO Urs Riedener to find out how the Onken owner sees its near-term prospects.
Icelandic Provisions is a company formed by investors from the US and Iceland to bring traditional skyr yoghurt to the US. Icelandic Provisions chairman Einar Sigurðsson believes that skyr has the potential to be the next growth area in US yoghurt, in much the same was that Greek yoghurt brought explosive growth to the category in the 2000s. Sigurdsson speaks to just-food about what he believes skyr brings to the category.
PepsiCo has slightly increased its earnings guidance, after reporting higher profits for the first nine months of its financial year.
A trade mission by Brazil to several Asian nations is set to generate a potential US$1.5bn to $2bn in trade and investment for the country's food exports business, the country's agriculture minister has announced.
Swiss dairy group Emmi has said that it will switch to 100% renewable hydroelectricity at its Swiss production facilities as part of its commitment to reduce CO2 emissions by 25% by 2020.
Fonterra has begun work to upgrade its two plants in Malaysia as part of the dairy giant's plan to expand in what is one of its eight "most important global markets".
The planned closure of Scotsburn Ice Cream's plant in the Canadian province of Newfoundland is a "devastating blow" for the facility's 167-strong workforce, say union leaders.
US kefir maker Lifeway Foods has launched a line of Single-Serve Farmer Cheese and Kefir Cups, Do-It-Yourself Kefir Starter and Probiotic Supplements.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements