Dairy: Latest news and analysis articles
Chinese dairy companies dominate the country's highly consolidated liquid milk sector. A focus on quality and innovation is driving growing...
Consumer awareness of nutrition is on the rise and globally. While salt and sugar reduction have grabbed the headlines, with campaign groups...
Dairy and energy sector experts are optimistic about effective cold chain solutions they say are being developed for India’s dairy sector. S...
Nestle's operations in Asia, Oceania and Africa have had a challenging few quarters. CFO Wan Ling Martello has been asked to take charge of...
Sales volumes are rising in the UK liquid milk category but value has been squeezed as retailers zone in on price. Four pints of milk for GBP1 has become the norm in a category dominated by own label. In an effort to build value in the UK liquid milk sector, Muller Wiseman Dairies plans to develop its own milk brand. Katy Askew spoke to Rebecca Oliver-Mooney, Muller Wiseman's category and marketing controller, on the sidelines of the Canadean dairy innovation summit to find out more.
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
Yildiz Holding has reportedly struck a deal to sell Turkish dairy arm Ak Gida to Lactalis.
Dean Foods has consolidated all of its milk brands under one label in a bid to boost sales.
General Mills has announced plans to cut the level of sugar in its original Yoplait yoghurt in the US by 25%.
First Milk has launched a range of high-protein milkshakes under its CNP sports nutrition brand in the UK.
Russia looks likely to extend its embargo on food from countries including the EU and US beyond the 7 August deadline.
UK dairy co-operative First Milk has announced plans to cut around 70 jobs and reduce the price it pays farmers as the group works to improve its financial position.
A growing awareness of bone health in the UK is presenting a big opportunity for dairy manufacturers in the UK, a report from Canadean has revealed.
Timed to coincide with the end of EU quotas on dairy production today (31 March), Irish co-operative The Irish Dairy Board has published the logo for its new corporate name, Ornua.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019