Dairy: Latest news and analysis articles
Unilever is building on its push into branded ice cream retail with the acquisition of Italian gelato group Grom. And Unilever is not the on...
With the UK's Competition and Markets Authority likely to approve the disposal of Dairy Crest's milk business in the coming weeks, some indu...
Are promotions leading to increased sales in Europe's major grocery markets? IRI's Jacques Dupré analyses how discounts are affecting sales,...
Two pieces of research in Europe on trans fat underline the complexity of dietary science and, therefore, the formulation of product develop...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Sales volumes are rising in the UK liquid milk category but value has been squeezed as retailers zone in on price. Four pints of milk for GBP1 has become the norm in a category dominated by own label. In an effort to build value in the UK liquid milk sector, Muller Wiseman Dairies plans to develop its own milk brand. Katy Askew spoke to Rebecca Oliver-Mooney, Muller Wiseman's category and marketing controller, on the sidelines of the Canadean dairy innovation summit to find out more.
Nestle's "advanced" talks to put the bulk of its ice cream business into a venture with the UK's R&R Ice Cream was the week's stand-out M&A story, while regulatory developments - the TPP trade deal, food safety rules in China and US dietary guidelines - caught the eye elsewhere.
Savencia Fromage & Dairy, formerly Bongrain, has sold its minority stake in German organic dairy Andechser Molkerei Scheitz to comply with a ruling from the country's competition regulator.
A2 Milk Co., the New Zealand-listed dairy firm, is hoping to raise up to NZ$40m through a share offer to fund expansion at home and abroad.
Brian Mackie has been appointed First Milk’s chief operating officer, the UK dairy co-operative has announced.
Multinational company bosses are bullish about their operations in China, and expect profitability to remain good, but predict the rate of business growth will continue to slow down as conditions become ever more challenging.
US government officials have decided to not consider the impact of food products on the environment as they devise the latest iteration of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Online selling still represents a huge opportunity for food manufacturers to develop a better understanding of their shoppers and to reach them directly, according to a new report set to be published next month.
Is there a link between the weather cooling and the food industry belt-tightening? It appears autumn is the prime season for food manufacturers to get their firms operating at maximum efficiencies, with news of job-cuts is on the up.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019