Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
The online channel is expanding in south-east Asia and Thailand is at the vanguard of that development. Michael Tatarski analyses how the on...
The growing urban lifestyle of Thai consumers has been driving demand for packaged convenient food. Convenience stores are gaining in import...
Gluten-free has a well-established presence in the markets of western Europe, notably Italy, Germany and the UK, but the sector is rapidly g...
The Gulf is emerging as one to watch for the gluten-free sector. In just-food's series of spotlights on the next five markets manufacturers...
Operating one of India’s largest food companies is not simple task, Suresh Narayanan, Nestle India chairman and managing director, tells to just-food in an exclusive interview at his business’ Gurgaon headquarters, near New Delhi. The company faces an array of challenges in the market – from the Maggi recall, to intensifying competition, to issues like obesity and diabetes. Narayanan shares how the Switzerland-based food giant is responding in the country.
The demand for processed and packaged food is growing among India’s young, often aspirational and fast-expanding population. This has prompted Nestle India to target a double-digit annual growth in upcoming years. Nestle country chief Suresh Narayanan speaks to just-food about how the company intends to deliver using innovation and an advanced digital strategy.
The European Union should place mandatory limits on industrially produced trans fatty acids (TFA), according to Members of the European Parliament.
Australian dairy group Bega Cheese has conceded its joint venture to produce infant and toddler formulas with Australian nutrition supplement maker Blackmores has failed to meet sales targets.
Australian cereal maker Sanitarium has announced that its Weet-Bix breakfast cereal product is being relaunched in China under the name Nutri-Brex.
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra is reportedly conducting an internal review after reports that Chinese police had arrested 19 people in Shanghai on suspicion of selling around 300 tonnes of the company's expired milk powder.
Chinese dairy firm Yili is issuing CNY9bn-worth (US$1.33bn) of new shares to fund investments including the acquisition of a stake in the country's largest organic milk producer, China Shengmu Organic Milk.
Thai food giant Charoen Pokphand Foods is building a production plant in Thailand to produce "healthy soup" aimed at "elderly people and patients".
Hardly a day goes by when just-food is not reporting on the launch of a product that is gluten-free, a category that is now significant in markets like the US and the UK. But where could be the next major markets for gluten-free?
Orkla, one of the largest consumer goods companies in the Nordic region, has added to its portfolio this week with an acquisition of a brand in the health sector.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report