Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
Unilever must respond faster to emerging consumer trends if it is to grow its food brands in a low-growth environment, CEO Paul Polman sugge...
Unilever today (20 January) reported sales that came in below expectations. The company's top line has been hit by macroeconomic factors, pa...
Danone today (12 December) made a series of announcements, including a division to focus on Africa, an update on the future of the company's...
Britannia Industries last week claimed to be the first biscuit company in India to launch an online-exclusive product before it hit retail s...
Family-owned UK company Bennett Opie is a varied business, selling products from pickles to compotes under its Opies brand at home and abroad and handling a fast-growing distribution arm in its domestic market. just-food spoke to fourth-generation owner William Opie about the company's recent rapid growth and its ambitions to expand further overseas.
In the second part of a two-part interview with just-food, Groupe Doux CEO Arnaud Marion highlights the move to a new business model, away from one heavily-dependent on EU subsidies, the company's efforts to diversify the business and the outlook for the French poultry processor.
Turkey's Yildiz Holding has confirmed plans to list its local dairy subsidiary, AK Gida.
Vietnamese dairy group Hanoimilk booked a surge in fourth-quarter sales, offsetting some impact of lower revenues in the first nine months of the year.
Singapore-based Fraser and Neave has secured a licensing deal with Nestle to manufacture and distribute the Carnation, Bear Brand, Bear Brand Gold, Ideal Milk and Milkmaid products in ASEAN countries.
Unilever revealed its 2014 results this week and revealed its food sales fell last year, prompting CEO Paul Polman to admitted the Flora and Becel maker had lagged the change in how consumers viewed spreads. Elsewhere, Lifeway Foods CEO, Julie Smolyansky, insisted the business is not for sale.
Cherkizovo, the Russian poultry processor, has announced the launch of a "healthy" line of ready-to-cook chilled chicken products in its domestic market.
Indian conglomerate ITC has reported "healthy growth" in its packaged food sales in its third quarter.
Russia has insisted it has no plans to lift the EU ban on food imports, its deputy prime minister, Arkady Dvorkovich, told an audience at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday (21 January).
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report