Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
BRF, the Brazilian meat giant, is undergoing significant change. The company has undertaken a massive behind-the-scenes restructuring drive...
Mondelez International this week announced it was acquiring a majority stake in the snacks business of Vietnamese food group Kinh Do. Hannah...
Mondelez International's work on costs looks to be paying off with the snacks giant seeing its margins improve and lifting its forecast for...
Rumours linking Danone to Mead Johnson have periodically surfaced over the past five years. Much of the rationale justifying such a signific...
As we heard in part one of the just-food interview, BRF has undergone a far-reaching restructuring process that, it believes, will deliver a more stable margin structure. The company is now moving to a new phase of growth as this stable foundation enables it to ramp up top-line expansion at home and overseas. Katy Askew speaks to BRF chief financial officer Augusto Ribeiro to find out more.
Brazilian food giant BRF has an ambitious agenda. The company hopes to expand in what it calls the "white space" of the global protein sector. The group has laid the groundwork by undergoing a far-reaching organisational transformation, which CFO Augusto Ribeiro tells Katy Askew, will enable BRF to deliver a stable margin profile - forming the foundation for planned international expansion.
Kellogg has confirmed it has pressed forward with a bid to acquire Egyptian snack maker Bisco Misr.
Mizkan is planning to cut 87 jobs in the UK, with the Japanese food group pointing to "challenging" trading conditions in the country.
Chinese dairy company Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. has made a second investment into the dairy production base in New Zealand it acquired at the end of 2012.
Brazilian meat giant JBS is to add to its domestic business with the acquisition of local poultry processor Big Frango Group.
Kellogg this week made a move for Bisco Misr after private-equity firm Abraaj tabled an offer for the Egypt-based snacks group.
Egyptian snack maker Bisco Misr has favoured Kellogg over Abraaj for the takeover of its business, after the US cereal giant submitted an EGP908.5m bid to acquire the snack maker, it was revealed in a bourse filing today (20 November)
Food exporters targeting emerging markets should target focus on cities instead of countries, management consultants McKinsey has said.
Dairy processors in Australia believe the agreement between Canberra and Beijing will make them more competitive in a key export market.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report