Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
US cereal giant Kellogg announced earlier this week that it has entered into a joint venture agreement to step up its presence in Africa. Ke...
Global retailers have continued to expand into emerging markets, in spite of the political and economic turbulence seen in many of these cou...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
The easing of decade-long economic sanctions on Iran lifted could open a potentially attractive market for international food makers, with a...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
After five years negotiations, 12 Pacific Rim countries - including the US, Japan, Australia and New Zealand - have struck a deal that will reduce tariffs and trade barriers in the region.
The Chinese authorities are starting to implement more stringent food safety regulations under revised laws.
BRF has struck a deal to buy part of Qatar-based QNIE's frozen distribution business for US$140m, the latest move in the Brazil-based giant's international expansion.
BRF, the Brazil-based food giant, has moved to strengthen its presence in Argentina through the acquisition of a range of brands from local group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Sovereign Food Investments, the South African poultry group, has been forced to follow up last week's announcement it was in talks that could affect its share price by confirming the discussions do not "in any way relate to a competitor transaction".
Hershey has signed-up to non-profit organisation Partners in Food Solutions (PFS) to support efforts to strengthen Africa's food system.
Mumbai's outraged meat-eating Indians have taken to social media after officials imposed a temporary ban on the sale of meat following a demand from the vegetarian Jain community which is observing a fast.
Maggi noodles are yet to return to shelves in India but Nestle has started to pave the way for the brand's comeback with a series of social media ads.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom