Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
Russia recently extended its ban on various food imports from Western countries including the US and EU. The move provides Russian food make...
Dairy producers in Mexico have turned to product diversification to boost sales in the face of rising costs, weak purchasing power within lo...
Compared to many food sector giants, Hershey's expansion on the international stage was relatively recent. Stepping up Hershey's presence ov...
French cheese giant Bel Group has made a rare acquisition in an emerging market with a deal to buy a majority stake in Safilait, the third-l...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
Chinese food firms Jiajia Food Group Co Ltd and Yantai Shuangta Food Co Ltd have both suspended trading of their shares from today (7 July).
Saudi Arabian food group Almarai has reported a jump in sales and profits for the first half of the year.
Del Monte Pacific has said it "looks forward" to a return to the black in its 2015/16 financial year after reporting annual losses of US$38m due to costs from its acquisition of Del Monte Foods' consumer division.
Chinese biscuit maker Dali Foods Group is reportedly planning to raise US$1.5bn in a Hong Kong initial public offering in September.
This week, McCormick & Co. highlighted China as a strength in its first half numbers. Valio made a commitment to halve sugar in its dairy snacks and the Consumer Goods Forum committed to halving global food waste by 2025. Elsewhere, Ebro Foods acquired French sandwich maker Roland Monterrat. Here is the week in quotes.
ConAgra said that it will sell its private brands business after reporting losses. We asked whether General Mills' plans to turn around US sales will work and took a detailed look at what Grexit would mean for the food industry in Greece. Here are this week's highlights on just-food.
News that French retail giant Carrefour last month launched an online shopping portal in China, carrefour.cn, comes as further evidence of the growing importance of e-commerce in the market.
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has warned lower maize harvests in Africa could "trigger food price increases".
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015