Financials: Latest news and analysis articles
Kraft Heinz Co. last week gave some indication of the financial performance of its constituent parts when the newly-formed company published...
Nestle saw organic sales increase 4.5% in the first half of 2015 and confirmed it is on track to meet full-year guidance of growth of "aroun...
That China is central to Hershey's challenges at the moment was underlined on Friday after the US confectioner booked a second-quarter loss...
WhiteWave Foods raised its full-year earnings forecast after reporting growth across the majority of its businesses. However, the outlook fo...
Bega Cheese has had a whirlwind couple of years. Seeking greater consolidation of the Australian dairy industry, it made a play for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter in 2013, kicking off a takeover battle, in which Canada's Saputo emerged the victor. In a two-part interview, just-food catches up with Bega CEO Aidan Coleman, to find out why it gave up on the takeover dream and whether it is eyeing any other opportunities.
Valio is facing some significant challenges. The Finland-based dairy group is grappling with the closure of the Russian border as well as the decline in industrial markets for dairy ingredients. However, the company is also working to identify new growth avenues, such as its lactose-free technology. Katy Askew spoke to Kari Finska, SVP of Russia and eastern markets for Valio, to find out more.
Arla, the European dairy group, has reported a 19% fall in half-year profits amid the decline in global dairy commodity prices.
Bright Dairy & Food Co., the Chinese group, has reported a 4% drop in half-year earnings amid "intense" competition in the sector.
Australian dairy firm Bega Cheese has reported a fall in full-year profits - in line with the profit warning it issued earlier this year - despite an increase in revenues.
Lithuanian dairy group Vilkyškiu Pienine has reported a fall in half-year sales and profits on the back of lower revenues at home, from the EU and the restricted Russian market.
Halloren, the German chocolate maker, has reiterated its annual sales targets and said it expects a "significant" improvement in profitability after reporting higher half-year losses.
Acquisition charges have hit Grupo Nutresa's first-half profits, although the Colombian food company saw operating income and revenue rise.
Food is a small part of the portfolio at PZ Cussons, the UK-based FMCG group better known for brands including Imperial Leather soap and Charles Worthington shampoo. However, the company is a major olive oil manufacturer in Greece and today (21 July) indicated how it is navigating the country's ailing economy.
Shares in Egyptian bakery firm Edita Food Industrues jumped 16% today after it listed on the Egyptian and London Stock Exchanges.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis