Financials: Latest news and analysis articles
Unilever's third quarter underlying sales growth missed analyst expectations as the Hellmann's maker reported its spreads segment was still...
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, appears to have a solid strategy in place - but whether it can succeed in eking out top-line growth in...
The US spreads and gluten-free group saw its shares slump yesterday after warning about its short-term profitability. Boulder's Smart Balanc...
Danone has faced myriad issues at its fresh dairies business. The group has been squeezed by weak consumer sentiment in its largest markets,...
Premier Foods has strengthened its financial position and is building profitability through a focus on cost reduction. However, the UK company is finding the going tougher as it looks to accelerate its sales growth. Chief executive Gavin Darby spoke to just-food about how Premier is adapting to the changing landscape in UK grocery retail.
UK pork processor Cranswick has grown sales over the past year through some significant contract wins and adjustments to its product mix. The company has also successfully negotiated higher prices despite weak economic sentiment and fierce competition between the country's largest retailers. One of the keys to Cranswick's success has been innovation to keep its product portfolio relevant, CEO Adam Couch told just-food in part one of the just-food interview.
BRF has booked higher nine-month profits on the back of improved margins and higher sales.
Croatia-based food company Atlantic Grupa has cut its sales forecast for 2014 as it battles a "challenging business environment".
Spanish food group Ebro Foods has forecast a 12% rise in earnings in 2014.
Shares in Kellogg climbed today (30 October) after it booked third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street and company forecasts - but the US group continued to see domestic cereal sales come under pressure.
Kraft Foods Group has booked lower earnings in the first nine months of the year as one-off expenses, input costs and lower sales volumes weighed on profits.
Maple Leaf Foods' third-quarter earnings came in below analyst expectations today (30 October) as the Canadian group registered greater-than-expected charges related to a scheme to modernise some of its meat plants.
Tesco has reported a massive 92% drop in first half profits as the accounting fiasco continues to widen.
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report