Fresh produce: Latest news and analysis articles
It hardly even seems to count as news: the German discounters continue to make strides in the UK. The trend has been in evidence for years n...
The imminent sale of Chiquita Brands International, the US produce giant, shows how different investment horizons can manifest on a company'...
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Chiquita Brands International still appears set on its proposed merger with Fyffes – and the US produce giant is, at the moment, right to do...
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
The Middle East is often seen as a bit of a golden nugget for exporters, with 98% of its consumables coming from elsewhere in the world. But Sean Ramsden, CEO of UK wholesale exporter Ramsden International, says it's not always the easiest market in which to operate, with strict compliance legislation and a focus on driving down prices. Hannah Abdulla caught up with Ramsden on the sidelines of Gulfood where they exchanged notes on the challenges and advantages of being an exporter to the Middle East.
German agrifood firm KT Agrar has acquired a vegetable plant in the country from Belgium-based processor Greenyard Foods.
Del Monte Fresh Produce has announced the opening of a fresh-cut facility in Canada.
This week, Unilever filed a lawsuit against egg-free "mayo" maker Hampton Creek, alleging the US firm's Just-Mayo product is a fraud. In France, a food major was on the receiving end of legal action after French ice cream maker Dagniaux started proceedings against Danone.
UK own-label fresh food group Bakkavor has reported higher profits for the first nine months of the year, with the company's share gains continuing in the third quarter.
US private-equity firm Peak Rock Capital has acquired a majority stake in Canadian mushroom producer Highline Produce.
Costs associated with its acquisition of US soft drinks firm Apple & Eve have dented Lassonde Industries' third-quarter earnings, despite higher sales in the period.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report