Fresh produce: Latest news and analysis articles
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the...
A group of 60 institutional investors has written to 15 food and drink companies urging improvement in how they manage and report on water r...
As if hamburger-focused concepts in the UK did not already have enough competition, now the Americans are coming, bringing many of their bet...
WhiteWave Foods raised its full-year earnings forecast after reporting growth across the majority of its businesses. However, the outlook fo...
Happy Family, the US organic baby food maker acquired by Danone in 2013, has enjoyed rapid growth. In 2006 the company reported turnover of US$115,000. This year it forecasts turnover of $130m. And its quest for further expansion has seen the firm move into adult snacking with the launch of Shine Organics pouches. Hannah Abdulla catches up with CEO and founder Shazi Visram to talk about how the company has evolved and how it has benefited from the tie-up with Danone.
The Consumer Goods Forum, with its 400 retail and manufacturing members including the likes of Nestle and Unilever, has announced an ambitious commitment to halve global food waste by 2025. In an interview with just-food's Hannah Abdulla, director of sustainability at the CGF, Ignacio Gavilan, explains what the promise means for its members and why it is so important to set a goal like this in motion.
US egg-free spread Just Mayo hit the headlines this week after the country's food watchdog said it had broken labelling rules. Among a number of M&A deals, European nutrition bar maker VSI was sold to US group Hearthside Food Solutions and Mengniu Dairy, one of China's largest dairy processors, insisted the prospects for the sector in the country remained strong.
Dole Food Co. CEO David Murdock and Michael Carter, the company's former president, have been ordered to pay over US$148m to investors over the sale of the US group in 2013.
Avangardco, the Ukraine egg processor, posted a loss of over US$152m for the first half of the year amid an inventory writedown and a 54% drop in revenue.
An improved performance from Fyffes' banana and pineapple businesses has led the produce giant to report a lift in first-half profits and sales.
The state body advising France's government on public health policy has backed the introduction of nutrition labels with five colours.
US produce supplier Ready Pac has appointed former Popchips finance chief Dan Redfern as its new CFO.
A panel advising the UK government on health and nutrition has today (17 July) called for the guidance on sugar intake to be halved, putting further scrutiny on parts of the industry. Should the recommendation become official, translating the advice into easy-to-follow consumer messages will be vital. One organisation has already set out what a typical weekly meal plan could look like.
The UK government has hosted a meeting today (16 July) with 80 representatives from the country's food and farming sector, with an eye on developing a 25-year plan to, in part, increase the industry's international competitiveness.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020