Frozen, Ice Cream: Latest news and analysis articles
Much has been made of the decline of legacy brands in the US, which have failed to keep up with shifting consumer demands. In its second-qua...
The fundamentals of Britain’s strengthening economy are favouring restaurants right now, particularly full-service restaurants and pubs. The...
The starting gun on the race for Quorn Foods is to be fired this week and interest in the UK meat-free business is likely to be high....
The speculation over Green Giant was this week confirmed with US group B&G Foods announcing it had struck a deal to buy the the canned and f...
Irish private-label ready-meals maker Ballymaguire Foods has opened a new domestic plant it hopes will help expand its presence in the UK. The company says demand for ready meals continues to rise in Ireland and the UK and managing director Ed Spelman talks to Hannah Abdulla about the group's plans to tap into that growth.
The Consumer Goods Forum, with its 400 retail and manufacturing members including the likes of Nestle and Unilever, has announced an ambitious commitment to halve global food waste by 2025. In an interview with just-food's Hannah Abdulla, director of sustainability at the CGF, Ignacio Gavilan, explains what the promise means for its members and why it is so important to set a goal like this in motion.
Unilever has announced the acquisition of Grom, a premium Italian gelato maker that operates over 60 shops in Italy and around the world.
Findus Group is re-entering the pizza and shellfish categories in France, another move from the business to diversify its range in the country.
Quorn Foods' sale to Monde Nissin was the stand-out story this week got you clicking. News of a potential transaction also caught your interest, with speculation Mondelez International may be looking to offload its European cheese and grocery business.
Philippines group Monde Nissin was this week named as the buyer of Quorn Foods, agreeing a deal that valued the UK meat-free business at GBP550m. ConAgra Foods, under-pressure from changing consumer trends in the US, outlined its plan to revitalise the group, with 1,500 jobs to go as part of the process. And just-food interviewed seafood giant Thai Union Group about its sustainability programmes.
Finnish regulators have said they will scrap a tax imposed on ice cream and confectionery in 2017. A tax on sugary drinks will be retained.
Quorn Foods, the UK-based meat-free business, is to be sold to Philippines group Monde Nissin in a deal valuing the company at GBP550m (US$831.2m).
Online selling still represents a huge opportunity for food manufacturers to develop a better understanding of their shoppers and to reach them directly, according to a new report set to be published next month.
Is there a link between the weather cooling and the food industry belt-tightening? It appears autumn is the prime season for food manufacturers to get their firms operating at maximum efficiencies, with news of job-cuts is on the up.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015