Frozen, Ice Cream: Latest news and analysis articles
It hardly even seems to count as news: the German discounters continue to make strides in the UK. The trend has been in evidence for years n...
A new Europe-wide initiative launched by leading frozen foods company Iglo Group seeks to promote how home freezing and ready-frozen food ca...
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Unilever's third quarter underlying sales growth missed analyst expectations as the Hellmann's maker reported its spreads segment was still...
Wheyhey, a fledgling UK-based high-protein ice cream brand, has had a rollercoaster three years, entering administration in 2012 before fresh investment enabled the business to start again. It is now riding the wave of rising consumer interest in protein. Co-founder Damien Kennedy declines to comment on the reasons for Wheyhey's administration but outlines the company's development, his belief high-protein will soon be a mainstream category and his desire for the firm to follow in the footsteps of Red Bull and Innocent.
Scandinavian free-from firm Fria entered Ireland last month, its 11th European market since it launched in 1996, another example of the growth in demand for gluten-, lactose- and dairy-free products. just-food's Hannah Abdulla caught up with Fria CEO Jeanine Holmgren about the latest trends in the sector and how innovation is a key factor to staying ahead in this sector
German agrifood firm KT Agrar has acquired a vegetable plant in the country from Belgium-based processor Greenyard Foods.
Belgium-based vegetable supplier Greenyard Foods has reported higher underlying half-year profits.
Unilever has said the palm oil it directly sources for its food in Europe will be 100% traceable and sustainable by the end of the year - but admitted it had fallen short of a worldwide pledge made 12 months ago.
Private equity firms KKR and CVC Capital Partners have reportedly appointed HSBC and Goldman Sachs to advise them on a joint bid to acquire a majority stake in Kuwait Food Co (Americana).
Natural frozen and chilled food manufacturer MamaMancini's saw higher third quarter net losses on charges despite reporting bumper sales in the period.
just-food is at the ExCel centre in London's Docklands today for a new industry event. Food Matters Live, launched this year, is a three-day conference and exhibition, which, organisers say, "bring together the food and drink industry, retailers, foodservice providers, government, and those working in nutrition and health to tackle one of the most important challenges of our time - the relationship between food, health and nutrition".
Davigel, Nestle's France-based foodservice division, could be the next business sold as the world's largest food maker reshapes its portfolio.
As the importance of health has grow in consumers' minds, frozen food has been left out in the cold. But two major manufacturers in the US are looking to heat up the sector by claiming frozen food means healthy.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report