Frozen: Latest news and analysis articles
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Unilever must respond faster to emerging consumer trends if it is to grow its food brands in a low-growth environment, CEO Paul Polman sugge...
Unilever today (20 January) reported sales that came in below expectations. The company's top line has been hit by macroeconomic factors, pa...
Given 3G Capital's industry focus, its background of partners and track-record, the next big takeover target for the co-owner of Heinz is al...
Scandinavian free-from firm Fria entered Ireland last month, its 11th European market since it launched in 1996, another example of the growth in demand for gluten-, lactose- and dairy-free products. just-food's Hannah Abdulla caught up with Fria CEO Jeanine Holmgren about the latest trends in the sector and how innovation is a key factor to staying ahead in this sector
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
Japanese food group Ajinomoto has reported an 8% increase in nine-month profits, helped by higher earnings from its overseas operations.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
Lancaster Colony reported lower first-half earnings as a deterioration in sales mix and higher costs offset top line gains at the pie-to-condiments maker.
Produce Investments today (29 January) warned its annual pre-tax profits would be below market expectations after a spike in the potato supply hit prices.
Greencore has booked a 4% increase in first quarter sales as the private label supplier eked out growth in the UK and reported a solid performance from its US business.
US food and drink group J&J Snack Foods has reported a fall in first quarter earnings.
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- E-commerce: Online could offer growth in Russia
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report