Meat & poultry: Latest news and analysis articles
Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
Price is becoming an ever more significant issue in the UK grocery sector. Squeezed consumers and pressured retailers are increasingly focus...
BRF, the Brazilian meat giant, is undergoing significant change. The company has undertaken a massive behind-the-scenes restructuring drive...
Pinnacle Foods, owner of Wishbone dressings, has been shopping and has picked out a firm that is going to bulk out its presence in the froze...
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
As we heard in part one of the just-food interview, BRF has undergone a far-reaching restructuring process that, it believes, will deliver a more stable margin structure. The company is now moving to a new phase of growth as this stable foundation enables it to ramp up top-line expansion at home and overseas. Katy Askew speaks to BRF chief financial officer Augusto Ribeiro to find out more.
Brazilian meat giant JBS has struck a deal to buy Australian ham and bacon producer Primo Smallgoods for A$1.45bn (US$1.26bn).
French co-operative Terrena has agreed to relinquish a 49% in its beef and pork arm Elivia to Irish meat processor Dawn Meats.
Brazilian meat giant JBS is to add to its domestic business with the acquisition of local poultry processor Big Frango Group.
Dutch authorities have introduced another 72-hr ban on transporting poultry, eggs and other related products after a second outbreak of avian influenza.
Ready-to-cook and pre-cooked beef and chicken manufacturer John Soules Foods has acquired chicken processor Pro View Foods for an undisclosed sum.
Brazilian meat group Marfrig has confirmed plans to push ahead with an initial public offering for its European meat business, Moy Park, next year.
Liz Truss, the UK's recently-appointed Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, went on a whistlestop tour of the country's exhibitors at the SIAL trade show in Paris yesterday, before pledging more help for businesses looking to expand abroad.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report