Meat & poultry: Latest news and analysis articles
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Since it span off from Ralcorp Holdings three years ago, Post Holdings has followed an aggressive M&A strategy. Deal-making has focused on d...
The possibility environmental criteria might form the latest version of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans has provoked intense debate in...
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
In the second part of a two-part interview with just-food, Groupe Doux CEO Arnaud Marion highlights the move to a new business model, away from one heavily-dependent on EU subsidies, the company's efforts to diversify the business and the outlook for the French poultry processor.
French poultry supplier Groupe Doux is a company looking to the future after a challenging recent past. From June 2012, Doux spent 18 months in administration after pressure from raw material costs and a failed foray into Brazil. In the a two-part interview, Stuart Todd speaks to Doux CEO Arnaud Marion, the turnaround specialist hired by the administrators and who has stayed on to lead the business into what he hopes is sustained recovery.
US confectioner Hershey has confirmed it is to acquire premium jerky firm Krave Pure Foods.
Cranswick's third-quarter revenue was "marginally ahead" of last year despite lower pricing in what remained a "competitive" environment.
Russian meat firm Cherkizovo Group reported higher volume and value sales throughout 2014.
Finland-based meat processor HKScan has confirmed its latest restructuring measures in Denmark will lead to the loss of 88 jobs.
Australian meat processor Thomas Foods has announced A$25.4m (US$20.2m) of investment at its Murray Bridge plant, which will see the addition of a beef-boning facility.
Philippines food and drink business San Miguel Corp. is to buy out US group Hormel Foods from the companies' venture in Vietnam.
Russia has insisted it has no plans to lift the EU ban on food imports, its deputy prime minister, Arkady Dvorkovich, told an audience at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday (21 January).
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits