Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Diamond Foods side-stepped market talk it has put itself up for sale and even suggested it would be open to broadening its own portfolio dur...
Much has been made of the decline of legacy brands in the US, which have failed to keep up with shifting consumer demands. In its second-qua...
US cereal giant Kellogg announced earlier this week that it has entered into a joint venture agreement to step up its presence in Africa. Ke...
The starting gun on the race for Quorn Foods is to be fired this week and interest in the UK meat-free business is likely to be high....
Private-equity giant Permira has snapped up Medora Snacks and Ideal Snacks Holding, two US companies focused on healthier products. John Coyle, a partner at Permira, talks to Dean Best about why the firm has bought the businesses, the potential for healthier snacks and its plans to expand its new assets.
In the first quarter of 2015, with the sale of a US drinks asset, Netherlands-based company Wessanen officially completed its change into a business concentrating on Europe and on what it deems to be healthy and sustainable food. CFO Ronald Merckx tells Dean Best, is ready to make acquisitions to help fuel its expansion.
Mondelez International is reportedly planning to sell its European cheese and grocery business in a deal that could be valued at as much as US$3bn.
Unilever has announced the acquisition of Grom, a premium Italian gelato maker that operates over 60 shops in Italy and around the world.
French private-equity firm Florac has purchased tinned fruit maker St Mamet from a group of Italian co-operatives, Conserve Italia.
Quorn Foods' sale to Monde Nissin was the stand-out story this week got you clicking. News of a potential transaction also caught your interest, with speculation Mondelez International may be looking to offload its European cheese and grocery business.
Samworth Brothers, the UK branded and private-label supplier, has entered the country's sports nutrition market through the acquisition of SCI-MX.
Rhodes Food Group will acquire a General Mills South African unit that supplies frozen and dry-mix bakery products to the convenience sector.
Is there a link between the weather cooling and the food industry belt-tightening? It appears autumn is the prime season for food manufacturers to get their firms operating at maximum efficiencies, with news of job-cuts is on the up.
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015