Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Since it span off from Ralcorp Holdings three years ago, Post Holdings has followed an aggressive M&A strategy. Deal-making has focused on d...
Given 3G Capital's industry focus, its background of partners and track-record, the next big takeover target for the co-owner of Heinz is al...
As The Hershey Co expands in international markets, attention has focused on high-growth opportunities such as China and Latin America. Howe...
Unilever's move to internally spin off its spreads unit was seen by many company and industry watchers as a pre-cursor to a sale. However, a...
Rice supplier Amira Nature Foods is aiming to grow the global presence of its Amira brand from the group's stronghold in the Indian market. Amira believes it can capitalise on the "white space" represented by branded basmati rice - as well as diversifying into other food categories. Katy Askew spoke to Tobias Strerath, Amira business development director, to learn more.
Since December last year, US investment firm BBX Capital has - quite literally - been like a kid a in candy store. Via wholly-owned subsidiary BBX Sweet Holdings, it has made six acquisitions in the US confectionery sector, which include Helen Grace Chocolates, Anastasia Confections and - the latest purchase - Toffee Box. Hannah Abdulla catches up with company president Jarett Levan to find out what BBX's game is.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
US confectioner Hershey has confirmed it is to acquire premium jerky firm Krave Pure Foods.
South Africa's Capespan has increased its fruit packing capacity through the acquisition of two assets: the Novo pack house and Theewaterskloof Estate.
US confectioner Hershey has been linked to a possible takeover of protein snack group Krave.
Philippines food and drink business San Miguel Corp. is to buy out US group Hormel Foods from the companies' venture in Vietnam.
French crisp maker Sibell has acquired Spanish counterpart Celigüeta and its production plant in Victoria.
just-food is open today after a fun festive break. As you ease yourselves into the new year, take a look at what our team of writers think will be the key issues facing your businesses in 2015.
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report