Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Hormel Foods swooped to acquire natural and organic meat processor Applegate Farms earlier this week in a US$775m deal. In financial terms,...
Arla Foods has entered a joint venture with Egypt's leading dairy processor, Juhayna Food Industries, that leaves the European dairy co-ope...
Hormel Foods has moved to acquire Applegate Farms to tap into growing demand for natural and organic protein in the US. But what makes Apple...
With a new CEO at Cloetta, the European confectioner has already faced questions about its possible acquisition targets. However, Stefan Kir...
In the first quarter of 2015, with the sale of a US drinks asset, Netherlands-based company Wessanen officially completed its change into a business concentrating on Europe and on what it deems to be healthy and sustainable food. CFO Ronald Merckx tells Dean Best, is ready to make acquisitions to help fuel its expansion.
There is speculation over the future ownership of UK-based meat-free business Quorn Foods. It is hardly surprising. Quorn has been owned by a private-equity firm since 2010 and is a business enjoying continued solid growth in a challenging industry. Dean Best spoke to Quorn CEO Kevin Brennan about the sale rumours and his plans for the business this year.
Post Foods, Grupo Bimbo, Flowers Foods and Aryzta are reportedly among the suitors that have made non-binding bids to acquire Twinkies owner Hostess Brands LLC from owners Apollo Global Management and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co.
French cheese maker Bel has acquired a majority interest in Moroccan dairy firm Safilait from private equity firms Fipar Holding and Sopar.
Hormel Foods' latest move to inject more growth into its business - a move for US organic meats firm Applegate Farms - grabbed the headlines this week. In Europe, France's Groupe Bel struck a deal in Africa and is to take a majority stake in Moroccan dairy Safilait.
This week, Hormel Foods announced it was acquiring US natural and organic meat processor, Applegate Farms. In the UK, scrutiny over campylobacter continued with the Food Standards Agency revealed 73% of shop-bought chickens are contaminated with the food poisoning bug. Here is the week in quotes.
Belgium-based produce group Univeg is looking to invest in parts of local fruit and veg co-operative Veiling Haspengouw.
Seneca Foods and Californian co-operative Pacific Coast Producers have decided against a deal over the US packaged fruit and veg supplier's processing facility in Modesto.
UK cash-and-carry and convenience retailer Booker Group has struck a deal to buy the Londis and Budgens symbol retail chains from Ireland's Musgrave Group - and emphasised the changing retail landscape in the country.
Over the weekend, there were fresh claims Europe-based food retailers Ahold and Delhaize are in discussions to join forces.
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)