Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Within a year of being established, Nomad Foods has made waves in Europe's frozen food sector, snapping up Iglo Group and agreeing a deal fo...
Flowers Foods last week announced the acquisition of organic bread maker Dave's Killer Bread, a move which accelerates its growth in the org...
Kraft Heinz Co. last week gave some indication of the financial performance of its constituent parts when the newly-formed company published...
Unilever is the world's largest ice cream maker but the FMCG giant is not resting on its laurels. Kevin Havelock, president of refreshments,...
Private-equity giant Permira has snapped up Medora Snacks and Ideal Snacks Holding, two US companies focused on healthier products. John Coyle, a partner at Permira, talks to Dean Best about why the firm has bought the businesses, the potential for healthier snacks and its plans to expand its new assets.
In the first quarter of 2015, with the sale of a US drinks asset, Netherlands-based company Wessanen officially completed its change into a business concentrating on Europe and on what it deems to be healthy and sustainable food. CFO Ronald Merckx tells Dean Best, is ready to make acquisitions to help fuel its expansion.
Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corp. is to buy 20% of Singapore-based agri-food group Olam International.
US group B&G Foods is reportedly in advanced talks to buy General Mills' Green Giant frozen and canned vegetable business.
US egg-free spread Just Mayo hit the headlines this week after the country's food watchdog said it had broken labelling rules. Among a number of M&A deals, European nutrition bar maker VSI was sold to US group Hearthside Food Solutions and Mengniu Dairy, one of China's largest dairy processors, insisted the prospects for the sector in the country remained strong.
A deal for Green Giant could be nearing with claims US group B&G Foods is in advanced talks to buy the business from General Mills. Elsewhere, eight companies have expressed interest in Australia's Brownes Dairy, while one sale that was announced this week was the acquisition of European snack bar maker VSI by US co-packer Hearthside Food Solutions. And one story that caught your attention was upstart US egg-free mayo maker Just Mayo coming under fire from the country's food watchdog.
French food co-op Terrena and local agribusiness Sofiprotéol should seal their deal to acquire a majority stake in poultry processor Groupe Doux in January.
Rhodes Food Group's acquisition of fellow South African food company Deemster has received the all-clear from the country's competition watchdog.
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September.
Cargill's move to buy Archer Daniels Midland's chocolate business has cleared its last regulatory hurdle after clearance from the European Commission. But Brussels has asked Cargill to offload part of the assets.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020