Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Tyson Foods, one of the world's largest meat processors, is investing in fledgling US meat-free business Beyond Meat - and the deal looks an...
The Gulf is emerging as one to watch for the gluten-free sector. In just-food's series of spotlights on the next five markets manufacturers...
Mars has moved to take full control of Wrigley, buying the minority stake held in the chewing gum maker by Warren Buffett. The deal could cr...
September saw UK foodservice operators meet with the country's government to discuss its plans to tackle child obesity. Staying in the UK, u...
The market reacted positively to Emmi's first-half results and the Swiss dairy group's ongoing efforts to improve its profitability but the business does face challenges, not least on its top line. Facing challenges at home, the company is also looking to continue to expand internationally to further broaden its business, although growth has come under some pressure in some overseas markets, while the group has to weigh up the impact of Brexit. Dean Best spoke to Emmi CEO Urs Riedener to find out how the Onken owner sees its near-term prospects.
European natural and organic food group Wessanen entered into an agreement to acquire UK gluten-free baker Mrs Crimble's last week. Patrick Cairns, CEO of Wessanen's UK arm, speaks to just-food about the group's plans to accelerate growth at the business.
UK dairy cooperative First Milk has agreed to sell its sports nutrition business CNP Professional to The Protein Partners Ltd.
Advantage Capital Agribusiness Partners (ACAP), along with Silas Capital and Emil Capital Partners, is investing US$3m Florida-based Vintage Italia, the maker of Pasta Chips snacks.
Swiss dairy and infant nutrition group Hochdorf has signed a contract to acquire a controlling stake in local African formula manufacturer Pharmalys Laboratories.
Japan's Kewpie Corp. is acquiring Polish food maker Mosso Kwasniewscy as part of its overseas expansion efforts.
Coca-Cola Amatil is reportedly preparing to sell its Australian fruit and vegetable unit, SPC Ardmona, next year.
Blue Goose Capital Corp, a privately-held, Canadian-based protein and organic food company and a subsidiary of the Dundee Corporation, has acquired Ontario-based Tender Choice Foods Inc for an unspecified sum.
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal.
Orkla, one of the largest consumer goods companies in the Nordic region, has added to its portfolio this week with an acquisition of a brand in the health sector.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review