Natural & organic: Latest news and analysis articles
Busier lifestyles and a growing awareness of how diet can affect health has prompted a big shift in the way US consumers eat. This has been...
A report has criticised the UK's Public Health Responsibility Deal, a set of voluntary programmes that has seen industry work with governmen...
The annual results from UK grocer Sainsbury's have underlined the pressure mainstream supermarkets in the country are facing as discounters...
There were some cautiously positive noises coming out of Kellogg yesterday (5 May) as the US food group announced its first-quarter results...
In the first quarter of 2015, with the sale of a US drinks asset, Netherlands-based company Wessanen officially completed its change into a business concentrating on Europe and on what it deems to be healthy and sustainable food. CFO Ronald Merckx tells Dean Best, is ready to make acquisitions to help fuel its expansion.
After an up-and-down decade, Dutch food group Wessanen has completed its efforts to become a pure-play foods group focusing on Europe and on what it calls "natural and healthy" categories. In the first part of a two-part interview, Wessanen CFO Ronald Merckx discusses the company's transformation.
Campbell Soup Co. said it expects full-year earnings to fall in the upper end of its guidance range despite a slump in third-quarter sales and EBIT.
Canada-based natural and organic food group SunOpta has confirmed one of its US facilities has become the first manufacturing site in the country to receive Department of Agriculture GMO-free verification.
The US Department of Agriculture is developing a non-GMO certification and labelling scheme under its Process Verified Program.
Nestle has added a gluten-free option to its California Pizza Kitchen oven-ready pizza range in the US.
This week's result round-up includes a positive start to the year for UK own-label group Bakkavor, better sales but pressure on profits for Canada's Weston Foods and a slide in revenue at French poultry group Duc.
This week, Cloetta announced the appointment of new CEO, David Nuutinen. In the UK, The Fabulous Bakin' Boys announced a rebrand and a focus on healthier ingredients. Elsewhere, ConAgra announced the acquisition of Blake's All Natural Foods. We also published the second-part of our just-food interview with Wessanen CFO, Ronald Merckx who talked about the company's acquisition ambitions. Here is the week in quotes
The World Health Organization, seen by experts in the field as hardly a friend of the food industry, is now facing the ire of campaigners over its official guidance on sugar.
Trace One and SGS Supply Chain Solutions have developed a social network platform they believe will improve product safety globally by enabling more effective real-time communication in the supply chain.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details