Natural & organic: Latest news and analysis articles
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
The US spreads and gluten-free group saw its shares slump yesterday after warning about its short-term profitability. Boulder's Smart Balanc...
Against a backdrop of weak consumer confidence and falling prices, four of France's leading four retailers have, in two deals, decided to te...
Some of the largest food manufacturers in the US have been sluggish to react to a consumer-led revolution around attitudes to health,wellnes...
Danish Crown is grappling with a world meat market marked by the Russian import ban and weaker European demand. In response, the Danish co-operative plans to use its global footprint, on the one hand, while capitalising on growth areas such as increasing consumer interest in organics, on the other. Katy Askew spoke to Henrik Biilmann, MD of Danish Crown's organic arm Friland, to find out more.
WhiteWave Foods, the US-based organic and natural foods specialist, was spun off from dairy giant Dean Foods last year. Deanna Bratter, senior manager of corporate sustainability at WhiteWave, spoke with Ben Cooper about the company's approach to sustainability as an independent operation.
Shares in Kellogg climbed today (30 October) after it booked third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street and company forecasts - but the US group continued to see domestic cereal sales come under pressure.
US natural and organic food group Amy's Kitchen has acquired a former Heinz facility in Idaho.
MamaMancini's Holdings, the US natural frozen and chilled food group, has named Matthew Brown its chief operating officer.
The US and Mexico have signed a deal that is set to see the suspension of Washington's anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigations into Mexican sugar imports.
Dutch food group Wessanen booked higher sales and earnings for the first nine months of the year this morning (24 October).
A busy week in the food industry calendar, with the SIAL exhibition in Paris, ended with a shock announcement: Chiquita Brands International's shareholders rejected the company's plan to merge with Ireland's Fyffes. Elsewhere, we heard third-quarter updates from Unilever, Premier Foods and Mead Johnson.
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
Now's your chance to tell us. We are running a survey of our international readership and want to know what you think about our service - and the the challenges you are facing at the moment. It's all part of our aim to meet your needs.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report