Natural & organic: Latest news and analysis articles
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
The possibility environmental criteria might form the latest version of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans has provoked intense debate in...
Given 3G Capital's industry focus, its background of partners and track-record, the next big takeover target for the co-owner of Heinz is al...
Contained in Tesco's trading update yesterday (8 January) were some key strategic initiatives that will have a profound impact on the compan...
Americans consume 16bn quarts of popcorn annually, with 70% of popcorn eaten at home. Capturing a share of this is all about keeping it simple and being honest with consumers, Angie Bastian, co-founder of popcorn firm Angie's Artisan Treats tells just-food's Hannah Abdulla.
Rice supplier Amira Nature Foods is aiming to grow the global presence of its Amira brand from the group's stronghold in the Indian market. Amira believes it can capitalise on the "white space" represented by branded basmati rice - as well as diversifying into other food categories. Katy Askew spoke to Tobias Strerath, Amira business development director, to learn more.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
Campbell Soup Co. is reorganising its business into three divisions the US group says reflect its strategic growth priorities.
Respect Foods is launching a line of whole grain breakfast sandwiches that are free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Unilever revealed its 2014 results this week and revealed its food sales fell last year, prompting CEO Paul Polman to admitted the Flora and Becel maker had lagged the change in how consumers viewed spreads. Elsewhere, Lifeway Foods CEO, Julie Smolyansky, insisted the business is not for sale.
US natural foods group NuGo Nutrition has announced the acquisition of Gnu Foods FiberLove bars, which have been re-branded NuGo Fiber d'Lish.
UK dairy co-operative First Milk was this week forced to come out and calm fears over its financial position after announcing it would delay payments to farmers. Staying in the UK, Morrisons announced chief executive Dalton Philips would leave as the UK grocer battles to reignite sales. And Brazil-based food giant Marfrig revealed its CEO had resigned from the business.
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- E-commerce: Online could offer growth in Russia
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report