Natural & organic: Latest news and analysis articles
The natural products sector has waived in a seismic shift in the mainstream shopping habits of American consumers. This has attracted the at...
Consumer interest in health has attracted private-equity investment in some up-and-coming operators, while other chains are revamping menus...
General Mills launched a "mealtime solution" brand, The Good Table, in the US last week, targeting the millennial consumer on the look-out f...
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the...
Happy Family, the US organic baby food maker acquired by Danone in 2013, has enjoyed rapid growth. In 2006 the company reported turnover of US$115,000. This year it forecasts turnover of $130m. And its quest for further expansion has seen the firm move into adult snacking with the launch of Shine Organics pouches. Hannah Abdulla catches up with CEO and founder Shazi Visram to talk about how the company has evolved and how it has benefited from the tie-up with Danone.
In the first quarter of 2015, with the sale of a US drinks asset, Netherlands-based company Wessanen officially completed its change into a business concentrating on Europe and on what it deems to be healthy and sustainable food. CFO Ronald Merckx tells Dean Best, is ready to make acquisitions to help fuel its expansion.
Heavenly Tasty Organics has entered the French market in a deal the a UK-based group said should be worth more than GBP100,000 (US$152,000).
Canadian natural and organic food group SunOpta has detailed plans to sell more shares in the business in a bid to raise just over US$100m.
US restaurant and packaged food company Cava Group has secured US$45m in additional funding, which will be used to support plans including the construction of a spreads and dips manufacturing facility.
Former Peanut Corporation of America CEO Stewart Parnell was this week sentenced to 28 years in jail over a fatal salmonella outbreak in the US seven years ago, prompting debate over how different outbreaks are viewed. In Russia, the country's deputy PM said Moscow would ban the use of GMOs in food production. And ConAgra Foods CEO Sean Connolly explained the company's approach to its brands after seeing some progress in recent weeks.
The UK government has called on food manufacturers and retailers to provide shoppers with more information on where in the UK food comes from with the introduction of "local labelling".
General Mills revealed that its operating profit jumped by one-fifth in the first quarter as the company stemmed its sales decline, benefited from efficiency gains and lapped soft comparatives.
Austria has become the latest country to join a growing list of European national governments who are opting out of allowing GMOs to be cultivated on their land.
Online selling still represents a huge opportunity for food manufacturers to develop a better understanding of their shoppers and to reach them directly, according to a new report set to be published next month.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015