NPD & innovation: Latest news and analysis articles
General Mills booked a 7% drop in first-quarter net sales last week, with sales down 4% on an organic basis. The US company has repeatedly i...
The rate at which food products are launched in the UK has been declining. Tim Eales, director of strategic insight at IRI, suggests why man...
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack maker, this week announced its latest acquisition, striking a deal to buy private-equity-owned UK crisp f...
Consumer demand for natural and organic foods is ballooning in developed markets and the sector is expanding its appeal to mainstream consum...
Icelandic Provisions is a company formed by investors from the US and Iceland to bring traditional skyr yoghurt to the US. Icelandic Provisions chairman Einar Sigurðsson believes that skyr has the potential to be the next growth area in US yoghurt, in much the same was that Greek yoghurt brought explosive growth to the category in the 2000s. Sigurdsson speaks to just-food about what he believes skyr brings to the category.
Specialist health and nutritional foods are set to become more important in the food market, according to Nestle executive vice president and head of the Europe, Middle East and North Africa zone, Luis Cantarell. In particular, Cantarell says developing food to meet the nutritional requirements of the ageing population is a key priority for the world's largest food group.
Nestle has launched Nesquik Protein Plus in the US, a drink aimed at "young-at-heart adults" with a taste for chocolate milk and more protein in their diets.
The Alpro brand is being taken into the frozen category in the UK and Ireland with the launch of a range of dairy-free ice creams.
UK-based children's food business Annabel Karmel has launched its first frozen products in the country in a bid to tap into what it said is growing demand among families for frozen options.
US kefir maker Lifeway Foods has launched a line of Single-Serve Farmer Cheese and Kefir Cups, Do-It-Yourself Kefir Starter and Probiotic Supplements.
PepsiCo is taking its Quaker Oats porridge brand in the UK into the gluten-free category in a bid to tap into rising demand in the country for free-from food.
General Mills has added to its under-pressure soup range in the US with the launch of Good Natured, which the company says will help boost vegetable consumption among shoppers.
Following last month's referendum in the UK on the country's membership of the European Union, the repercussions from the decision to leave have been felt far and wide.
US cereal giant Kellogg's revealed plans to open a cafe in New York City, located at a prime location on Broadway.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities