NPD & innovation: Latest news and analysis articles
General Mills has been hit by category softness and changing consumer preferences at its US business. With US retail sales representing the...
The Summer Fancy Food show, staged by the Specialty Food Association, was held at the Javits Center in New York this week (28-30 June). With...
ConAgra Foods announced that it will sell off its loss-making private label business yesterday (30 June) in a move that, the company said, w...
Busier lifestyles and a growing awareness of how diet can affect health has prompted a big shift in the way US consumers eat. This has been...
Sales volumes are rising in the UK liquid milk category but value has been squeezed as retailers zone in on price. Four pints of milk for GBP1 has become the norm in a category dominated by own label. In an effort to build value in the UK liquid milk sector, Muller Wiseman Dairies plans to develop its own milk brand. Katy Askew spoke to Rebecca Oliver-Mooney, Muller Wiseman's category and marketing controller, on the sidelines of the Canadean dairy innovation summit to find out more.
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
Bean-to-bar chocolate company Madécasse has added a milk chocolate toasted coconut bar to its “Fair for Life” range.
Associated British Foods' UK bakery arm Allied Bakeries has launched a low-calorie version of its Kingsmill crumpets, the latest so-called Thins product to be added to its range.
Icelandic-style yoghurt maker Siggi's is launching a 4% fat whole milk yoghurt.
Mondelez International has announced the launch of Oreo Thins in the US.
Ferrero has launched its Tic Tac Mixers product in the UK.
This week, McCormick & Co. highlighted China as a strength in its first half numbers. Valio made a commitment to halve sugar in its dairy snacks and the Consumer Goods Forum committed to halving global food waste by 2025. Elsewhere, Ebro Foods acquired French sandwich maker Roland Monterrat. Here is the week in quotes.
The development of markets for gluten-free products in the UK and the US has grabbed much of the sector's attention in recent years but what are the opportunities in Europe? just-food has headed to Barcelona this week to find out.
News that Abbott Laboratories launched a GMO-free version of its Similac infant formula caused quite a stir in the US over the past week. Not to be overlooked, Hain Celestial was quick to point out that it too offers an infant formula that is GMO-free under its Earth's Best Organic brand.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015