NPD & innovation: Latest news and analysis articles
Much has been made of the decline of legacy brands in the US, which have failed to keep up with shifting consumer demands. In its second-qua...
The natural products sector has waived in a seismic shift in the mainstream shopping habits of American consumers. This has attracted the at...
The fundamentals of Britain’s strengthening economy are favouring restaurants right now, particularly full-service restaurants and pubs. The...
The speculation over Green Giant was this week confirmed with US group B&G Foods announcing it had struck a deal to buy the the canned and f...
Happy Family, the US organic baby food maker acquired by Danone in 2013, has enjoyed rapid growth. In 2006 the company reported turnover of US$115,000. This year it forecasts turnover of $130m. And its quest for further expansion has seen the firm move into adult snacking with the launch of Shine Organics pouches. Hannah Abdulla catches up with CEO and founder Shazi Visram to talk about how the company has evolved and how it has benefited from the tie-up with Danone.
US protein-based pancake mix maker Flapjacked has just launched its second product - muffins - to try to tap into growing demand for on-the-go protein products. Launched in 2012 by husband and wife team David and Jennifer Bacon in 2012, the company believes consumers do not just want protein but better-for-you products. Hannah Abdulla learns more.
Findus Group is re-entering the pizza and shellfish categories in France, another move from the business to diversify its range in the country.
Hovis has joined UK bread makers Associated British Foods and Warburtons in the sandwich alternatives segment, launching thins and flatbreads.
US group Victoria Fine Foods is launching an organic pasta sauce line that will hit shelves throughout the country this autumn.
General Mills is launching a line of "premium" cooking stocks under its Progresso brand in the US.
US sandwich maker AdvancePierre Foods is adding a sausage, egg and cheese Hot 'n' Ready square wrap to its range of breakfast sandwiches.
ConAgra Foods is expanding its offering under the Marie Callender's brand with the launch of three pot pie variants.
Online selling still represents a huge opportunity for food manufacturers to develop a better understanding of their shoppers and to reach them directly, according to a new report set to be published next month.
The development of markets for gluten-free products in the UK and the US has grabbed much of the sector's attention in recent years but what are the opportunities in Europe? just-food has headed to Barcelona this week to find out.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015