Private label: Latest news and analysis articles
Gluten-free has a well-established presence in the markets of western Europe, notably Italy, Germany and the UK, but the sector is rapidly g...
The Gulf is emerging as one to watch for the gluten-free sector. In just-food's series of spotlights on the next five markets manufacturers...
It has been markets in western Europe, notably Italy, Germany and the UK, where gluten-free has taken hold but the sector is building in cou...
The gluten-free market has taken root quickest in markets in North America and western Europe but manufacturers looking for more business op...
In the second part of an extensive interview on the implications of Brexit for UK food companies, Ian Wright, director general of industry association the Food and Drink Federation, speaks with Ben Cooper about the longer-term implications of Brexit for UK food and farming policy and on the food industry's labour force.
UK Prime Minister Theresa May has said the formal two-year process for the UK to leave the EU will begin in a little over five months. Ian Wright, director general of the Food and Drink Federation, the industry association representing food manufacturers operating in the UK, spoke with Ben Cooper about the immediate instability the vote for Brexit has caused and his longer-term outlook for the UK food sector.
French food group Tipiak has booked a 2.2% increase in third-quarter sales following what it said was a period of "moderate cumulative growth".
This week, the UK government announced how it hopes to support the country's food exporters, French cheese giant Bel said a deal had been struck to buy a majority stake in dessert and snack maker MOM Brands and Brazilian meat group BRF said it plans to invest in the soon-to-be-listed pork arm of state-backed, Chinese agri-food operator COFCO.
Asda, the UK retailer, has launched a range of private-label Mexican condiments in a bid to tap into what it sees as the "huge demand" for "street food" in the country.
This week saw the first high-profile sign of Brexit affecting food company costs with a row between Unilever and Tesco over the supplier's request for 10% price hike. Our M&A pages were busy, with Tyson Foods investing in faux meat business Beyond Meat, Europe Snacks merging with fellow private-label snacks business Kolak Snack Foods and Kellogg snapping up Brazil's Parati Group.
The Japanese government has proposed new rules requiring country-of-origin labelling for all processed food on sale in the country.
France-based private-label snacks group Europe Snacks and UK peer Kolak Snack Foods today (10 October) announced the companies had merged.
Confidence in the UK food and drink manufacturing sector is becoming "more fragile", industry association The Food and Drink Federation has claimed after a survey of its members - and Brexit is said to be a major factor.
The 2014 accounting scandal at Tesco has returned to the headlines today (9 September), with news three former executives have been charged over the affair.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016