Private label: Latest news and analysis articles
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Since it span off from Ralcorp Holdings three years ago, Post Holdings has followed an aggressive M&A strategy. Deal-making has focused on d...
Contained in Tesco's trading update yesterday (8 January) were some key strategic initiatives that will have a profound impact on the compan...
In such a price-focused environment, manufacturers will need to find innovative ways to grow in 2015. Data, IRI's Anne Lefranc argues, will...
Family-owned UK company Bennett Opie is a varied business, selling products from pickles to compotes under its Opies brand at home and abroad and handling a fast-growing distribution arm in its domestic market. just-food spoke to fourth-generation owner William Opie about the company's recent rapid growth and its ambitions to expand further overseas.
Rice supplier Amira Nature Foods is aiming to grow the global presence of its Amira brand from the group's stronghold in the Indian market. Amira believes it can capitalise on the "white space" represented by branded basmati rice - as well as diversifying into other food categories. Katy Askew spoke to Tobias Strerath, Amira business development director, to learn more.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
US meat group Tyson Foods has decided to switch production at a domestic site from serving foodservice suppliers to supplying retailers.
Greencore has booked a 4% increase in first quarter sales as the private label supplier eked out growth in the UK and reported a solid performance from its US business.
Post Holdings has struck a deal to acquire fellow US breakfast cereal manufacturer MOM Brands for around US$1.15bn.
Unilever revealed its 2014 results this week and revealed its food sales fell last year, prompting CEO Paul Polman to admitted the Flora and Becel maker had lagged the change in how consumers viewed spreads. Elsewhere, Lifeway Foods CEO, Julie Smolyansky, insisted the business is not for sale.
AdvancePierre Foods is to acquire the manufacturing operations of family-owned US sandwich firm Landshire.
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
Brands are putting private label under increasing pressure in Europe, data from industry analysts IRI has claimed.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report