Private label: Latest news and analysis articles
Much has been made of the decline of legacy brands in the US, which have failed to keep up with shifting consumer demands. In its second-qua...
The rise in the incidence of child labour in west African cocoa production detailed in last week's report from Tulane University is a disapp...
The report from Tulane University into the use of child labour in cocoa production in Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, published last week, revealed...
A panel advising the UK government on nutrition has recommended halving the official guidance on the consumption of free sugars. Attention n...
Irish private-label ready-meals maker Ballymaguire Foods has opened a new domestic plant it hopes will help expand its presence in the UK. The company says demand for ready meals continues to rise in Ireland and the UK and managing director Ed Spelman talks to Hannah Abdulla about the group's plans to tap into that growth.
R&R Ice Cream is the second-largest ice cream manufacturer in Europe by sales, behind only Unilever. But the UK-based business's CEO, Ibrahim Najafi, promoted to the top job at the company 18 months ago, has his sights on expansion further afield.
Indian conglomerate Future Group is planning a major push in food manufacturing as part of its drive to increase sales to INR10trn (US$154.2bn) over the next six years.
Nestle and R&R Ice Cream confirmed that they are in joint venture talks, a tie up that could reshape the global ice cream sector. Meanwhile the historic Trans-Pacific Partnership was signed - to mixed reactions from the food sector. Here are just-food's quotes of the week.
Nestle's "advanced" talks to put the bulk of its ice cream business into a venture with the UK's R&R Ice Cream was the week's stand-out M&A story, while regulatory developments - the TPP trade deal, food safety rules in China and US dietary guidelines - caught the eye elsewhere.
Multinational company bosses are bullish about their operations in China, and expect profitability to remain good, but predict the rate of business growth will continue to slow down as conditions become ever more challenging.
Irish food manufacturer and distributor The Bite Group has been taken out of administration by UK food business Adelie Foods Group, saving 100 jobs.
US government officials have decided to not consider the impact of food products on the environment as they devise the latest iteration of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
A panel advising the UK government on health and nutrition has today (17 July) called for the guidance on sugar intake to be halved, putting further scrutiny on parts of the industry. Should the recommendation become official, translating the advice into easy-to-follow consumer messages will be vital. One organisation has already set out what a typical weekly meal plan could look like.
ConAgra Foods has appointed former senior executives at Nestle and Kraft to its board, just three weeks after activist investor Jana Partners took a 7% stake in the US food group.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis