Retail: Latest news and analysis articles
August saw the announcement of an eighth consecutive quarter of declining sales at Asda, the UK arm of Wal-Mart. Across the Atlantic, Canada...
Wal-Mart Stores' online business in the US has been growing but industry watchers believe the retail giant's expansion has been slower than...
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack maker, this week announced its latest acquisition, striking a deal to buy private-equity-owned UK crisp f...
In July, Woolworths, Australia's largest retailer, saw its shares jump the most in a single day for 20 years after it announced more initiat...
Since setting up their baby food business from their home in Northern Ireland in 2009, husband-and-wife founders of Heavenly Tasty Organics James Blair and Shauna McCarney-Blair have seen the firm go from strength to strength. Now the firm is about to launch its range of snack products in Asia. James Blair, operations director, tells John Shepherd about the firms latest expansion plans.
The easing of decade-long trade sanctions against Iran by the developed world offers packaged food makers an opportunity to access the country's 80m strong consumer base. At the end of April, Ireland's Bord Bia embarked on a trade mission with 17 Irish food producers to explore the potential of the market. just-food caught up with representatives from the mission, including the Irish Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Michael Creed, to find out more.
New Zealand's King Salmon confirmed today (23 September) it has set a share price that gives the company a market value of NZD154.5m (US$113m) ahead of its initial public offering (IPO) if the offer is fully subscribed.
Food companies that fall short of commitments to supporting certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO) production should be "called to account by their competitors and customers", the World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF) has said in a new report.
A breakdown in talks that led to a number of Kraft Heinz products being temporarily delisted in the Netherlands by newly-merged supermarket operators Ahold and Delhaize, has been resolved, just-food was told today (20 September).
The new CEO of Denmark-based meat cooperative Danish Crown's troubled UK subsidiary, Tulip, has announced a major shake-up of the firm, just days after his appointment, to help Tulip regain its "mojo".
Arla Foods, the European dairy co-operative, has launched Arla Professional as its new brand name to target business growth for its foodservice products in the UK.
US snack food entrepreneur Robert Ehrlich has launched a new product line – Vegan Rob's – to "take the stigma away from vegan and bring it to mainstream American life".
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs.
The impact on the global food system is one of "six key priority areas" highlighted in the UK Climate Change Risk Assessment 2017 report, which sets out "the most urgent risks and opportunities" arising for the UK.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report