Snacks: Latest news and analysis articles
There are signs of economic recovery across much of Europe but grocery sales remain under pressure. IRI's Tim Eales analyses why and suggest...
Hain Celestial, the US natural and organic food group, has indicated it expects to drive continued organic growth in the coming year - even...
Raisio, the Finland-based group behind brands including Benecol, Honey Monster cereals and Fox's confectionery, has, in recent years, tried...
Shares in US bakery group Flowers Foods sank yesterday after it cut its earnings forecast for 2014 - but the company immediately sought to s...
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
While speculation over the future ownership of United Biscuits intensifies, the UK snack maker is making strides beyond its domestic market, with a significant proportion of its growth coming from developing economies – Africa, the Middle East, India and China in particular. Jeff van der Eems, chief executive of UB's international business, speaks to Andrew Don about the company's international ambitions.
Mondelez International is launching its Chips Ahoy cookie brand in the UK.
This week, the EU announced more measures to help out dairy farmers hit by the Russia ban. Chiquita and Fyffes insisted again a merger between the two would be the best outcome for shareholders. Our latest just-food interview saw us discuss Agropur's M&A strategy with the Canadian dairy co-op's CEO, while we chatted to Scandinavian free-from firm Fria about its expansion across Europe.
Japan's Otsuka Pharmaceutical has struck a deal to buy Brazilian health food group Jasmine Alimentos.
Mondelez International has indicated it wants to build its presence in snacks in India, with consumption rising as incomes grow.
ConAgra Foods has launched the Delight Bites snack treat range under its Life Choice brand.
Norway's Orkla has said it is hoping to boost its presence in the Baltic states with the acquisition of Latvia-based food manufacturer NP Foods Group.
ConAgra Foods has responded to investor criticism of its palm oil usage by committing to source 100% sustainable palm oil by December 2015.
They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. In the US, Nestle is scrapping production of its Hot Pockets sandwiches at a plant in California plant, leaving 360 staff out in the cold. But a small local bakery is using the opportunity to announce it is expanding - and hiring.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape