Snacks: Latest news and analysis articles
"Snacking... and portable snacking is not just a short term, this is really a trend and its becoming a habit," said Hershey CEO, John Bilbre...
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Since it span off from Ralcorp Holdings three years ago, Post Holdings has followed an aggressive M&A strategy. Deal-making has focused on d...
Given 3G Capital's industry focus, its background of partners and track-record, the next big takeover target for the co-owner of Heinz is al...
In the first Sustainability Watch of 2015, Dave Stangis, vice president of public affairs and CSR at Campbell Soup Co., speaks with Ben Cooper about the company's approach to sustainability and the recognition it has brought.
Americans consume 16bn quarts of popcorn annually, with 70% of popcorn eaten at home. Capturing a share of this is all about keeping it simple and being honest with consumers, Angie Bastian, co-founder of popcorn firm Angie's Artisan Treats tells just-food's Hannah Abdulla.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
ConAgra Foods has confirmed that it will stop manufacturing RyKrisp crackers due to "low demand" for the product.
In the first of the week's big deals, Post announced the acquisition of MOM brands, a fellow US breakfast cereal manufacturer. Post said the buy would cement its position as the third-largest cereal maker in the US.
US confectioner Hershey has confirmed it is to acquire premium jerky firm Krave Pure Foods.
Campbell Soup Co. is reorganising its business into three divisions the US group says reflect its strategic growth priorities.
US confectioner Hershey has been linked to a possible takeover of protein snack group Krave.
Ads are commonly a bone of contention in this industry, with food manufacturers regularly coming under fire for what they believe is creative use of media.
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report