World foods: Latest news and analysis articles
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, appears to have a solid strategy in place - but whether it can succeed in eking out top-line growth in...
Against a backdrop of weak consumer confidence and falling prices, four of France's leading four retailers have, in two deals, decided to te...
State-backed Chinese food giant Bright Food Co. continued to make progress with its "go global, bring in" ambition when it acquired a majori...
With growth hard to come by at home, international markets are an opportunity for UK food group Premier Foods. The Mr Kipling maker exports to around 30 countries but in recent months has set up a specific business unit to develop a sustainable presence overseas. Dean Best spoke to Peter Ellis, the head of division, at the SIAL trade show in Paris to here about the company's plans.
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
Alimentos Kamuk, the Costa Rica-based sauce maker, is to build a production plant as it seeks to expand its product range.
Nissin Food Holdings, the Japanese noodle giant, reported a fall in nine-month earnings today (30 October) as higher costs offset sales growth.
A busy week in the food industry calendar, with the SIAL exhibition in Paris, ended with a shock announcement: Chiquita Brands International's shareholders rejected the company's plan to merge with Ireland's Fyffes. Elsewhere, we heard third-quarter updates from Unilever, Premier Foods and Mead Johnson.
The most eye-catching story came on Friday with the surprise news Chiquita Brands International shareholders had voted against the US produce group's plan to merge with Fyffes.
Premier Foods plc today (23 October) warned its annual trading profits would be "towards the lower end of market expectations" after a challenging third quarter when the UK group's branded sales fell by over 4%.
Mexican tortilla maker Gruma posted a jump in nine-month profits as a drop in costs boosted earnings.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report