Blog: A bacon coffin? Really?
Katy Askew | 29 March 2012
Every once in a while, I find my inbox to contain a press release that manages to stop me in my tracks. And that is just what happened today (29 March), when I saw that J&D's Foods has launched a bacon coffin.
It took me a few moments to get my head around exactly what this means. No, not a coffin for bacon, a bacon-themed coffin for deceased bacon lovers.
The release reads: "You ate bacon, you decorated your body with bacon, your car with bacon and your home with bacon. And now, you can peacefully rest wrapped in bacon."
Now it is possible I need to expand my social horizons, but I have never come across anyone who "decorates" their body, car or house in bacon. Or any other food for that matter.
Toning down the crazy just a notch, it turns out that bacon coffins are "finished with a painted bacon and pork shading" and "accented with gold stationary handles".
Makes a little more sense. Even so, while I love a bacon sandwich as much as the next person, I find it hard to imagine a great demand for this - even among the most die-hard bacon lovers.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report