Blog: A bumpy road ahead for Cadbury's union reps
Dean Best | 26 November 2009
UK union officials representing Cadbury seemed overly upbeat about their meeting yesterday (25 November) with Kraft Foods, the Dairy Milk maker's US predator.
Ahead of the meeting, the union reps were keen to say that they would not accept being "fobbed off" with "bland assurances" over the prospects for Cadbury jobs should Kraft end up buying the business.
When Kraft first went public with its interest back in September, the Toblerone maker said it hoped to keep the UK confectioner's site in Somerdale open - a facility Cadbury is looking to close.
Unfortunately, it seems that union officials at Unite have yet to receive anything more than general comments from Kraft on the US food giant's intentions for Cadbury's UK operations.
And, more discussions with Cadbury suitors could be in the offing - if the growing speculation around Hershey is to be believed.
That could mean more meetings in London for Unite's officials - one of whom was heard complaining about the way motorcyclists zipped around the capital when just-food interviewed her as she was driving yesterday....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report