Blog: A bumpy road ahead for Cadbury's union reps
Dean Best | 26 November 2009
UK union officials representing Cadbury seemed overly upbeat about their meeting yesterday (25 November) with Kraft Foods, the Dairy Milk maker's US predator.
Ahead of the meeting, the union reps were keen to say that they would not accept being "fobbed off" with "bland assurances" over the prospects for Cadbury jobs should Kraft end up buying the business.
When Kraft first went public with its interest back in September, the Toblerone maker said it hoped to keep the UK confectioner's site in Somerdale open - a facility Cadbury is looking to close.
Unfortunately, it seems that union officials at Unite have yet to receive anything more than general comments from Kraft on the US food giant's intentions for Cadbury's UK operations.
And, more discussions with Cadbury suitors could be in the offing - if the growing speculation around Hershey is to be believed.
That could mean more meetings in London for Unite's officials - one of whom was heard complaining about the way motorcyclists zipped around the capital when just-food interviewed her as she was driving yesterday....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch