Blog: A fond farewell
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2008
A note from just-food.com's publishing director, Chris Brook-Carter.
As those of you who have been keeping tabs on changes here will know, just-food’s long-serving managing editor Catherine Sleep has been on maternity leave for the last year since the birth of her twins Imogen and Esme.
I am sad to announce that Catherine has let us know she will not be returning to her post here at just-food when her maternity leave runs out. Cath was just-food’s first editor and there is little doubt that the high regard the publication is held in now is in a large part down to her expertise and professionalism.
I know it will not have been an easy decision to come to for Cath, as she has given her all to the site over the last seven years and made many friends in the industry. However, I hope all just-food’s readers will join me in wishing her all the best for the future and we hope to see her back contributing to the site in some way in the not too distant future.
On a happier note, Cath’s news does allow me to confirm Dean Best as the site’s new managing editor. Dean has already built up quite a reputation in the industry as just-food’s acting editor in the last 12 months and his many years as an FMCG journalist make him well-placed to carry on Cath’s hard work.
Along with all our readers, I look forward to seeing where this new era on just-food will take us.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities