Blog: A fond farewell
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2008
A note from just-food.com's publishing director, Chris Brook-Carter.
As those of you who have been keeping tabs on changes here will know, just-food’s long-serving managing editor Catherine Sleep has been on maternity leave for the last year since the birth of her twins Imogen and Esme.
I am sad to announce that Catherine has let us know she will not be returning to her post here at just-food when her maternity leave runs out. Cath was just-food’s first editor and there is little doubt that the high regard the publication is held in now is in a large part down to her expertise and professionalism.
I know it will not have been an easy decision to come to for Cath, as she has given her all to the site over the last seven years and made many friends in the industry. However, I hope all just-food’s readers will join me in wishing her all the best for the future and we hope to see her back contributing to the site in some way in the not too distant future.
On a happier note, Cath’s news does allow me to confirm Dean Best as the site’s new managing editor. Dean has already built up quite a reputation in the industry as just-food’s acting editor in the last 12 months and his many years as an FMCG journalist make him well-placed to carry on Cath’s hard work.
Along with all our readers, I look forward to seeing where this new era on just-food will take us.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review