Blog: A new type of consumer research
Catherine Sleep | 13 November 2003
At the event, participants were asked to vote for their favourite future trend concept published by Style-Vision during 2003. The winner for the food category was "proactive aging", whereby consumers realise they are going to live longer but want to stay young through the food and drinks they consume.
As traditional forms of advertising become less effective due to overexposure, these types of trends may be vital to future marketing.
Style-Vision has recently published a report on trends in global consumer moods in the food industry, which combines techniques and processes from the fields of psychology and social science, along with real-world data from product launches, technology and culture, to visually illustrate mood consumption in practice.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk