Blog: A possible reason for Paddington's return to marmalade
Dean Best | 3 March 2010
Marmite XO: a "strong and full-bodied spread for devotees".
Earlier this week, we told how Paddington bear had returned to plugging marmalade, this time on behalf of UK food giant Premier Foods.
The much-loved TV bear had spent the last couple of years peddling Marmite for Unilever and his return to the orange stuff provoked furrowed brows in ad land.
Could this be the reason? Unilever has launched Marmite XO, a "mega-matured, extra-strong version" of the love-it-or-hate-it spread.
Now, Marmite is an acquired taste and perhaps Paddington could not stomach this new line, which is "matured" for at least 28 days.
Grahame Walker, a Marmite "Alchemist" (Unilever's words, not ours) said: "The resultant blend creates an intense sensory experience that can only be appreciated by the most extreme Marmite devotees.”
One can almost imagine Paddington wrinkling his nose at that one.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities