Blog: A smooth kind of collaboration
Dean Best | 17 November 2010
Trade shows are trade shows, right? Yes - but there is always room for innovation.
The first day (16 November) of the Health Ingredients Europe expo in Madrid saw an interesting kind of collaboration on show between supplier and customer.
Ireland-based food group Glanbia has teamed up with customer and smoothie bar chain Zumo to demonstrate to visitors how its ingredients are applied in products on sale to consumers.
Glanbia's stand includes a Zumo bar where visitors can sample smoothies containing the Irish group's ingredients, helping it stand from its competitors' booths.
The two companies were showcasing three different smoothies on sale in the around 100 Zumo bars located in 13 different countries.
"We wanted to do something to create a bit of a buzz," said Martin Eisenring, marketing manager for Glanbia Nutritionals.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review