Blog: A smooth kind of collaboration
Dean Best | 17 November 2010
Trade shows are trade shows, right? Yes - but there is always room for innovation.
The first day (16 November) of the Health Ingredients Europe expo in Madrid saw an interesting kind of collaboration on show between supplier and customer.
Ireland-based food group Glanbia has teamed up with customer and smoothie bar chain Zumo to demonstrate to visitors how its ingredients are applied in products on sale to consumers.
Glanbia's stand includes a Zumo bar where visitors can sample smoothies containing the Irish group's ingredients, helping it stand from its competitors' booths.
The two companies were showcasing three different smoothies on sale in the around 100 Zumo bars located in 13 different countries.
"We wanted to do something to create a bit of a buzz," said Martin Eisenring, marketing manager for Glanbia Nutritionals.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities