Blog: A smooth kind of collaboration
Dean Best | 17 November 2010
Trade shows are trade shows, right? Yes - but there is always room for innovation.
The first day (16 November) of the Health Ingredients Europe expo in Madrid saw an interesting kind of collaboration on show between supplier and customer.
Ireland-based food group Glanbia has teamed up with customer and smoothie bar chain Zumo to demonstrate to visitors how its ingredients are applied in products on sale to consumers.
Glanbia's stand includes a Zumo bar where visitors can sample smoothies containing the Irish group's ingredients, helping it stand from its competitors' booths.
The two companies were showcasing three different smoothies on sale in the around 100 Zumo bars located in 13 different countries.
"We wanted to do something to create a bit of a buzz," said Martin Eisenring, marketing manager for Glanbia Nutritionals.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods