Blog: A sour episode in China
Dean Best | 21 August 2009
On our features pages today (21 August), we're carrying a piece on the apparent recovery of China's dairy sector after last year's melamine scandal.
We got the views of China's leading dairy processors, as well as commentators and dairy analysts in the country. It wasn't all plain sailing for our reporter in Beijing, mind.
Keen to find out how China's dairy companies are looking to promote their wares to shoppers, our reporter headed down to a nearby Wal-Mart store.
In the store, Chinese dairy Yili was using employees to encourage shoppers to sample their products.
The Yili reps were happy to pose for a quick snap (see below) - although, unfortunately, the Wal-Mart store management were less than happy and showed our man the door.
A typical, friendly, Chinese response to the media!
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review