Blog: ABF among winners in industry HR awards
Dean Best | 19 November 2012
Allied Bakeries' Gareth Evans (r) picks up his award from yourfoodjob.com general manager Tony Allen
Associated British Foods' Allied Bakeries has been recognised for its work in recruitment at an awards ceremony held by industry careers portal yourfoodjob.com.
The Kingsmill firm was named "most desirable employer" at the inaugural yourfoodjob.com People Awards, held in Manchester earlier this month.
Michael Staniland, director at Focus Management, the company behind yourfoodjob.com, said those that worked in recruitment in the food and drink sectors should be recognised.
"With a turnover of over GBP70bn and half a million employees, it's the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, so it's time to applaud the serious accomplishments achieved by the sector’s top professionals," he told attendees at the ceremony.
Other winners included Feathers Brookbank for its work with Morrisons and digital agency Pink Squid for its venture with Kraft Foods' on graduate recruitment.
For a full list of the winners, click here.
just-food is closed on Monday (29 August) for a public holiday but, while we down tools, catch up on some must-read insight and interviews....
General Mills is reportedly preparing long-time executive Jeff Harmening to succeed Ken Powell as CEO....
After starting the week with a surprise stock exchange announcement that hit its shares and called into questions its accounting practices, Hain Celestial could be set to receive a boost in the UK....
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Brands and own-label do battle in western Europe
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues