Blog: ABF among winners in industry HR awards
Dean Best | 19 November 2012
Allied Bakeries' Gareth Evans (r) picks up his award from yourfoodjob.com general manager Tony Allen
Associated British Foods' Allied Bakeries has been recognised for its work in recruitment at an awards ceremony held by industry careers portal yourfoodjob.com.
The Kingsmill firm was named "most desirable employer" at the inaugural yourfoodjob.com People Awards, held in Manchester earlier this month.
Michael Staniland, director at Focus Management, the company behind yourfoodjob.com, said those that worked in recruitment in the food and drink sectors should be recognised.
"With a turnover of over GBP70bn and half a million employees, it's the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, so it's time to applaud the serious accomplishments achieved by the sector’s top professionals," he told attendees at the ceremony.
Other winners included Feathers Brookbank for its work with Morrisons and digital agency Pink Squid for its venture with Kraft Foods' on graduate recruitment.
For a full list of the winners, click here.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report