Blog: ABF among winners in industry HR awards
Dean Best | 19 November 2012
Allied Bakeries' Gareth Evans (r) picks up his award from yourfoodjob.com general manager Tony Allen
Associated British Foods' Allied Bakeries has been recognised for its work in recruitment at an awards ceremony held by industry careers portal yourfoodjob.com.
The Kingsmill firm was named "most desirable employer" at the inaugural yourfoodjob.com People Awards, held in Manchester earlier this month.
Michael Staniland, director at Focus Management, the company behind yourfoodjob.com, said those that worked in recruitment in the food and drink sectors should be recognised.
"With a turnover of over GBP70bn and half a million employees, it's the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, so it's time to applaud the serious accomplishments achieved by the sector’s top professionals," he told attendees at the ceremony.
Other winners included Feathers Brookbank for its work with Morrisons and digital agency Pink Squid for its venture with Kraft Foods' on graduate recruitment.
For a full list of the winners, click here.
Coca-Cola Amatil is co-operating with Australian state police after an employee was arrested for money laundering and receiving a reported half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions. ...
Yildiz Holding reportedly wants its snacks business to overtake Kellogg and become the world's second-largest snack manufacturer....
Nestle, Danone, Kerry Group and Tyson Foods are among the multinational consumer goods manufacturers presenting next week at the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London - of which just-f...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Why Kraft-Heinz merger could herald more deals
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge