Blog: ABF among winners in industry HR awards
Dean Best | 19 November 2012
Allied Bakeries' Gareth Evans (r) picks up his award from yourfoodjob.com general manager Tony Allen
Associated British Foods' Allied Bakeries has been recognised for its work in recruitment at an awards ceremony held by industry careers portal yourfoodjob.com.
The Kingsmill firm was named "most desirable employer" at the inaugural yourfoodjob.com People Awards, held in Manchester earlier this month.
Michael Staniland, director at Focus Management, the company behind yourfoodjob.com, said those that worked in recruitment in the food and drink sectors should be recognised.
"With a turnover of over GBP70bn and half a million employees, it's the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, so it's time to applaud the serious accomplishments achieved by the sector’s top professionals," he told attendees at the ceremony.
Other winners included Feathers Brookbank for its work with Morrisons and digital agency Pink Squid for its venture with Kraft Foods' on graduate recruitment.
For a full list of the winners, click here.
There has been an increase in M&A among companies in the food sector in recent months - and management consultants at EY expect to the trend to continue....
Nelson Peltz is not letting go. The US billionaire investor is continuing in his quest to get PepsiCo to split in two - and has reportedly suggested a proxy battle with the company could be on the hor...
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises. ...
The boom in demand for dairy products in emerging markets has been underlined by the latest data on the largest companies in the industry....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK