Blog: ABF among winners in industry HR awards
Dean Best | 19 November 2012
Allied Bakeries' Gareth Evans (r) picks up his award from yourfoodjob.com general manager Tony Allen
Associated British Foods' Allied Bakeries has been recognised for its work in recruitment at an awards ceremony held by industry careers portal yourfoodjob.com.
The Kingsmill firm was named "most desirable employer" at the inaugural yourfoodjob.com People Awards, held in Manchester earlier this month.
Michael Staniland, director at Focus Management, the company behind yourfoodjob.com, said those that worked in recruitment in the food and drink sectors should be recognised.
"With a turnover of over GBP70bn and half a million employees, it's the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, so it's time to applaud the serious accomplishments achieved by the sector’s top professionals," he told attendees at the ceremony.
Other winners included Feathers Brookbank for its work with Morrisons and digital agency Pink Squid for its venture with Kraft Foods' on graduate recruitment.
For a full list of the winners, click here.
Almost a year after buying Dole Food Co.'s international packaged food and Asian fresh businesses, Japanese trading house Itochu Corp. has looked again to the wider agrifood sector to diversify its bu...
There has been an increase in M&A among companies in the food sector in recent months - and management consultants at EY expect to the trend to continue....
Nelson Peltz is not letting go. The US billionaire investor is continuing in his quest to get PepsiCo to split in two - and has reportedly suggested a proxy battle with the company could be on the hor...
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises. ...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Shopper trends: World Cup - victory for retailers?
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters