Blog: Ajinomoto sets out growth ambitions
Petah Marian | 9 March 2011
Ajinomoto is emphasising its growth ambitions, with the Japanese food ingredients maker's president Masatoshi Ito saying it may spend JPY300bn (US$3.6bn) on acquisitions in the next three years at it expands internationally.
Speaking to Bloomberg on Monday (7 March), Ito said: "We want to beef up our strong areas like Brazil and [the] south-east Asian countries, as well as expand in new markets such as the Middle East and Africa.
"We're allowing ourselves the luxury of being picky about which company to buy. It's not easy because we are looking for companies that have high odds of being successful."
The interview follows the company's announcement in February that it plans to grow its operating profit by more than a quarter by fiscal 2013. It said it aims to record JPY87bn operating profit in fiscal 2013, up from an expected JPY69bn in operating profit this year.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review