Blog: All set for SIAL on Sunday - France's strikes notwithstanding
Dean Best | 15 October 2010
SIAL, that giant biennial food-industry exhibition, opens its doors on Sunday (17 October) - as much of France seemingly shuts down amid nationwide demonstrations over President Sarkozy's pension reforms.
At the time of writing, workers at all 12 of France's refineries have gone on strike, reportedly blocking a fuel pipeline supplying Paris and the capital's airports. Airport workers protesting against the President's proposals have also grounded some flights.
A nationwide strike across a number of industries is planned for Tuesday, the day before French politicians are due to vote on Sarkzoy's plans.
Not, then, the most opportune time for Paris to hold a trade show that is set to attract almost 150,000 visitors from over 100 countries.
just-food, travelling to the French capital on the Eurostar, will be among them and will bring you the latest news and views from the event, which will showcase some of the latest product development in the food sector and discuss the issues affecting the business.
The French strikes will, no doubt, also be a hot topic of conversation.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities