Blog: And now.... there is news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
19:30 GMT update
Boparan Holdings has made a takeover bid for Northern Foods, the UK food group planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore.
More details are here - but Boparan Holdings, the poultry and fish giant, has offered 73p a share or GBP342m to buy the Goodfella's pizza and Fox's biscuits maker.
Northern's board has backed Boparan Holdings' offer. Greencore will be sure to respond on Monday morning.
Now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk