Blog: And now.... there is news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
19:30 GMT update
Boparan Holdings has made a takeover bid for Northern Foods, the UK food group planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore.
More details are here - but Boparan Holdings, the poultry and fish giant, has offered 73p a share or GBP342m to buy the Goodfella's pizza and Fox's biscuits maker.
Northern's board has backed Boparan Holdings' offer. Greencore will be sure to respond on Monday morning.
Now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast