Blog: And now.... there is news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
19:30 GMT update
Boparan Holdings has made a takeover bid for Northern Foods, the UK food group planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore.
More details are here - but Boparan Holdings, the poultry and fish giant, has offered 73p a share or GBP342m to buy the Goodfella's pizza and Fox's biscuits maker.
Northern's board has backed Boparan Holdings' offer. Greencore will be sure to respond on Monday morning.
Now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin