Blog: And so I bid farewell
Michelle Russell | 29 November 2013
Sachin Tendulkar isn't alone in bidding farewell to colleagues as, today, I enter into my final few hours as news editor for just-food.
It is a bittersweet departure, however, as I am not venturing far. Only a hop, skip and a jump away, from Monday (2 December) I will be taking up the role of news and insights editor for sister site just-style.com where I will be reporting on all aspects of the global apparel sector.
And it is to style that I go, with very fond and often amusing memories of my time as a just-food journalist.
Highlights include my return to Dublin - a city that made me feel incredibly welcome for three years of my young life - to interview Greencore CEO Patrick Coveney, and the challenge of interviewing the deputy CEO of Russian retail giant Magnit through a translator. I'll also remember my calorific trip to Cologne earlier this year for the global confectionery show ISM.
So as I prepare to embrace my new role with the just-style team, I bow my head and bid farewell to the food industry and thank my colleagues on the just-food team for two great years.
And to any of our food retail readers who have a presence in the apparel industry, I look forward to continuing working with you.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Japan's Kewpie Corp. is acquiring Polish food maker Mosso Kwasniewscy as part of its overseas expansion efforts....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review