Blog: And so I bid farewell
Michelle Russell | 29 November 2013
Sachin Tendulkar isn't alone in bidding farewell to colleagues as, today, I enter into my final few hours as news editor for just-food.
It is a bittersweet departure, however, as I am not venturing far. Only a hop, skip and a jump away, from Monday (2 December) I will be taking up the role of news and insights editor for sister site just-style.com where I will be reporting on all aspects of the global apparel sector.
And it is to style that I go, with very fond and often amusing memories of my time as a just-food journalist.
Highlights include my return to Dublin - a city that made me feel incredibly welcome for three years of my young life - to interview Greencore CEO Patrick Coveney, and the challenge of interviewing the deputy CEO of Russian retail giant Magnit through a translator. I'll also remember my calorific trip to Cologne earlier this year for the global confectionery show ISM.
So as I prepare to embrace my new role with the just-style team, I bow my head and bid farewell to the food industry and thank my colleagues on the just-food team for two great years.
And to any of our food retail readers who have a presence in the apparel industry, I look forward to continuing working with you.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities