Blog: Another Ebay howler
Catherine Sleep | 18 November 2004
You make yourself a cheese toastie. You take a bite. You surmise that there is a very vague pattern on the toast that you might just, with a very sympathetic eye, be able to interpret as the Holy Mother.
You take a digital photo, you post it on Ebay. Gullible goons start bidding up to buy this lucky, blessèd toast. You make pots of money.
As I write this, bidding has reached US$18,750 with several days to go.
People, it’s a piece of mouldy toast!
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group