Blog: Another Ebay howler
Catherine Sleep | 18 November 2004
You make yourself a cheese toastie. You take a bite. You surmise that there is a very vague pattern on the toast that you might just, with a very sympathetic eye, be able to interpret as the Holy Mother.
You take a digital photo, you post it on Ebay. Gullible goons start bidding up to buy this lucky, blessèd toast. You make pots of money.
As I write this, bidding has reached US$18,750 with several days to go.
People, it’s a piece of mouldy toast!
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth