Blog: Another food manufacturing blow for one UK town
Petah Marian | 18 March 2011
The UK town of Okehampton has suffered another manufacturing-related blow as Harrods' chocolate supplier Browne's Chocolates entered liquidation.
Insolvency practitioner Neville & Co of Plymouth confirmed to just-food today (17 March) it has begun liquidation proceedings at the manufacturer.
The announcement follows the closure of Polestar Foods' Okehampton Desserts factory at the start of February, with some 232 people being made redundant at that site.
The Okehampton frozen desserts factory was acquired by Devonshire Desserts a month ago, which is currently assessing the future of the plan, but could not confirm whether it would re-hire any former employees.
Also, some 69 jobs are under threat at Robert Wiseman Dairies as it plans to close its Okehampton site in April as it moves to a dairy in Bridgewater.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review