Blog: Any food buyers with a few days to spare?
Catherine Sleep | 19 November 2004
A trip is being organised for UK-based retail buyers and other interested parties to La Dispensa dei Sapori, one of the best organised events in the food and wine sector in Northern Italy. It’s an excellent opportunity to keep abreast of the gastronomic products of the Veneto and a good networking opportunity.
Devastated that I have no time to attend myself, I thought it was only the decent thing to do to let any food buyers out there know that a very tempting programme has been put together for you which includes transfers, hotel, various gala dinners and visits to vineyards and food producers, as well as plenty of time to browse the show floor. All you need to organise is your flights to Brescia, 5-7 December, which good old Ryanair is currently offering at a penny each way from Stansted, plus taxes.
For more information please contact William Goodacre on 020 8788 2337.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units