Blog: Are you a veggie or a fruitie?
Catherine Sleep | 17 November 2004
Quirky new research seems to indicate that people generally fall into one of two camps when it comes to preferring fruit or veg, and that these two distinct groups also display different social habits. Although I eat fruit regularly I’d say I’m more enthusiastic about veg, so let’s see how I fit into the pattern.
According to the study, vegetable lovers favour spicy foods (yup), drink wine with their meals (double yup, given the chance) and will cook elaborate dishes when entertaining friends (somewhat yup). Fruitheads, in contrast, entertain fewer guests in a less adventurous fashion, and more often choose dessert.
So which are you, a veghead or a fruitnut?
The lead researcher, Professor Brian Wansink of the University of Illinois, said that capturing this basic piece of information about individual consumers would help when it came to recommending ways they improve their diet and better tailor the healthy eating message to those who need to hear it loudest.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review