Blog: Are you a veggie or a fruitie?
Catherine Sleep | 17 November 2004
Quirky new research seems to indicate that people generally fall into one of two camps when it comes to preferring fruit or veg, and that these two distinct groups also display different social habits. Although I eat fruit regularly I’d say I’m more enthusiastic about veg, so let’s see how I fit into the pattern.
According to the study, vegetable lovers favour spicy foods (yup), drink wine with their meals (double yup, given the chance) and will cook elaborate dishes when entertaining friends (somewhat yup). Fruitheads, in contrast, entertain fewer guests in a less adventurous fashion, and more often choose dessert.
So which are you, a veghead or a fruitnut?
The lead researcher, Professor Brian Wansink of the University of Illinois, said that capturing this basic piece of information about individual consumers would help when it came to recommending ways they improve their diet and better tailor the healthy eating message to those who need to hear it loudest.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities