Blog: Asda's new CEO - the odds
Dean Best | 14 April 2010
UK bookmakers tend to offer odds on pretty much anything - and often the country's grocery sector attracts the punters.
Bookmakers Paddy Power has opened a book on who will replace Andy Bond as Asda's next boss after the Englishman stepped down from the role earlier in the week.
The "novelty" odds, which you can see here, have Asda finance chief Judith McKenna as firm favourite at 6/4. Another woman included in the odds is Colleen Rooney, the wife of England's most famous ankle, who is listed at 500/1 to take the Asda hot seat.
Before you stick a quid on the runners and riders, be warned: when Marc Bolland left Morrisons, the bookies listed the obvious internal and external candidates as likely to be his successor.
The UK grocer than looked across the pond and appointed the head of Canadian retailer Loblaw to replace Bolland.
Will Asda's next boss also be a surprise choice?
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report