Blog: Asda's new CEO - the odds
Dean Best | 14 April 2010
UK bookmakers tend to offer odds on pretty much anything - and often the country's grocery sector attracts the punters.
Bookmakers Paddy Power has opened a book on who will replace Andy Bond as Asda's next boss after the Englishman stepped down from the role earlier in the week.
The "novelty" odds, which you can see here, have Asda finance chief Judith McKenna as firm favourite at 6/4. Another woman included in the odds is Colleen Rooney, the wife of England's most famous ankle, who is listed at 500/1 to take the Asda hot seat.
Before you stick a quid on the runners and riders, be warned: when Marc Bolland left Morrisons, the bookies listed the obvious internal and external candidates as likely to be his successor.
The UK grocer than looked across the pond and appointed the head of Canadian retailer Loblaw to replace Bolland.
Will Asda's next boss also be a surprise choice?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review