Blog: Atkins retraction? Apparently not…
Catherine Sleep | 20 January 2004
News media this week carried a story which suggested that Atkins Nutritionals was changing tack, advising that slimmers following the low-carb Atkins plan should take care not to gorge themselves on fatty foods. The news was greeted with relief by nutritionists who felt vindicated, as many have expressed concern at the high fat intake of Atkins dieters.
However, Atkins Nutritionals moved swiftly to correct the impression that it was changing its advice, issuing a press release saying that any media claims that it was retreating from its long held position on the consumption of fat was simply wrong.
Any of you guys tried the Atkins? If so, do you worry about your fat intake?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review