Blog: Barry Callebaut remains a sweet investment
Dean Best | 21 January 2009
Shares in chocolate maker Barry Callebaut tumbled today (21 January) – at the time of writing, they were down by more than 15% – but investors should remain upbeat about the Swiss firm's prospects.
Sure, first-quarter revenues may have been hit by currency fluctuations and the economic downturn may have whacked sales in western Europe.
However, the market should not be spooked by the fact that Callebaut missed some analysts' forecasts.
The company remains a good long-term bet. Its investment in some of the world's most buoyant emerging chocolate markets – take, for example, its recent spending in Mexico – and its deals with the likes of Cadbury and Nestle mean Callebaut is well positioned to thrive once the economic storm clouds pass.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities