Blog: Ben & Jerry's announcement imminent....?
Michelle Russell | 17 February 2010
As the days tick to the start of Fairtrade Fortnight, companies across the UK prepare their announcements on the resilience of their Fairtrade offerings during a tough economic recession.
Sainsbury’s was first to kick off the impending wave of Fairtrade related news on Monday (15 February), with the announcement that it has become the world’s largest retailer of Fairtrade products.
just-food, however, has had whiff of a possible launch by Unilever's Ben & Jerry’s - and a link with the Fairtrade Foundation. Could the ice-cream maker be looking to add to its Fairtrade repetoire?
Watch this space…
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods