Blog: Bitesize: just-food's new SME interview section
Hannah Abdulla | 16 July 2014
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
As a team, just-food gets countless requests for interviews each week and our recent interview archive includes sit-downs with the CEOs of companies like Nestle, Unilever and Greencore.
Hearing from the executives leading the major multinationals provides our readers with insight from some of the most experienced business people in the food industry, vital as they navigate a preiod of profound change in the sector.
In the past year, we have met and featured SMEs on just-food, from US firm Powerful Yogurt to UK snacks business New York Delhi. My visit to Gulfood in February also unveiled the likes of Cornish Sea Salt and Prima Cheese; both have an established presence in the UK and were looking to grow their presence in the Middle East. Since then Cornish Sea Salt has been one of the firms that made it intoWaitrose's list of brands it plans to export to overseas markets.
We feel it is important to create a specific space on the site to shine the spotlight on the SMEs in our sector; much of the innovation and strategies for growth comes from smaller companies, which can more able to find niches in sectors and develop products quickly.
In our bitesize section, we will hear from the execs behind some of the more buoyant and innovative SMEs, discuss the formation of their businesses, why they believe they can make a mark, how and where they plan to grow and the challenges of operating in the industry.
The sorts of companies we are looking to feature can come from any part of the world but we are most interested in those expanding internationally. The maximum revenue for an SME we feature is EUR50m (US$67m).
Click here to read our first bitesize interview with the CEO of UK kids snacks firm The Kids Food Co., Sally Preston.
If you would like to be considered for a bitesize interview, or know of a company that might, drop us a mail at email@example.com
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September....
Heinz's flagship product has provoked the ire of a competitor in Israel, a story that has attracted headlines in the international mainstream media. But even after making a change to the labels, a bot...
A lawsuit tabled in the US has brought fresh attention to the supply chain for prawns, which hit headlines around the world last year amid claims of slavery....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis