Blog: Bitesize: just-food's new SME interview section
Hannah Abdulla | 16 July 2014
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
As a team, just-food gets countless requests for interviews each week and our recent interview archive includes sit-downs with the CEOs of companies like Nestle, Unilever and Greencore.
Hearing from the executives leading the major multinationals provides our readers with insight from some of the most experienced business people in the food industry, vital as they navigate a preiod of profound change in the sector.
In the past year, we have met and featured SMEs on just-food, from US firm Powerful Yogurt to UK snacks business New York Delhi. My visit to Gulfood in February also unveiled the likes of Cornish Sea Salt and Prima Cheese; both have an established presence in the UK and were looking to grow their presence in the Middle East. Since then Cornish Sea Salt has been one of the firms that made it intoWaitrose's list of brands it plans to export to overseas markets.
We feel it is important to create a specific space on the site to shine the spotlight on the SMEs in our sector; much of the innovation and strategies for growth comes from smaller companies, which can more able to find niches in sectors and develop products quickly.
In our bitesize section, we will hear from the execs behind some of the more buoyant and innovative SMEs, discuss the formation of their businesses, why they believe they can make a mark, how and where they plan to grow and the challenges of operating in the industry.
The sorts of companies we are looking to feature can come from any part of the world but we are most interested in those expanding internationally. The maximum revenue for an SME we feature is EUR50m (US$67m).
Click here to read our first bitesize interview with the CEO of UK kids snacks firm The Kids Food Co., Sally Preston.
If you would like to be considered for a bitesize interview, or know of a company that might, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review