Blog: Bitesize: just-food's new SME interview section
Hannah Abdulla | 16 July 2014
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
As a team, just-food gets countless requests for interviews each week and our recent interview archive includes sit-downs with the CEOs of companies like Nestle, Unilever and Greencore.
Hearing from the executives leading the major multinationals provides our readers with insight from some of the most experienced business people in the food industry, vital as they navigate a preiod of profound change in the sector.
In the past year, we have met and featured SMEs on just-food, from US firm Powerful Yogurt to UK snacks business New York Delhi. My visit to Gulfood in February also unveiled the likes of Cornish Sea Salt and Prima Cheese; both have an established presence in the UK and were looking to grow their presence in the Middle East. Since then Cornish Sea Salt has been one of the firms that made it intoWaitrose's list of brands it plans to export to overseas markets.
We feel it is important to create a specific space on the site to shine the spotlight on the SMEs in our sector; much of the innovation and strategies for growth comes from smaller companies, which can more able to find niches in sectors and develop products quickly.
In our bitesize section, we will hear from the execs behind some of the more buoyant and innovative SMEs, discuss the formation of their businesses, why they believe they can make a mark, how and where they plan to grow and the challenges of operating in the industry.
The sorts of companies we are looking to feature can come from any part of the world but we are most interested in those expanding internationally. The maximum revenue for an SME we feature is EUR50m (US$67m).
Click here to read our first bitesize interview with the CEO of UK kids snacks firm The Kids Food Co., Sally Preston.
If you would like to be considered for a bitesize interview, or know of a company that might, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
Opposition to the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food continues to prove a controversial issue....
Is there a link between the weather cooling and the food industry belt-tightening? It appears autumn is the prime season for food manufacturers to get their firms operating at maximum efficiencies, wi...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015