Blog: Black vinegar and rotten tomatoes
Catherine Sleep | 23 June 2004
Didn’t we say a few months ago that, following the meteoric rise of olive oil, vinegar was next in line to climb up through the condiment ranks?
Going by today’s story on black vinegar, our sources were right.
By the way, remember me raving about the wonderful tomatoes I saw in Italy? Well, word has it that the Italian football team will soon be pelted with the luscious fruit following their premature exit from the EU Championships. Apparently the Italian public takes it VERY personally if their team fails to meet their high expectations, and this wouldn’t be the first time they were met with a hail of tomatoes as they arrived back home. Waste of good tomatoes if you ask me.
By the way, now I'm back from the CIES World Food Business Summit in Rome, there's a feature up on the site where members can catch up on some of the 'business' side of the Summit.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report