Blog: Blackburn Rovers: possible transfer targets for new owners
Dean Best | 26 October 2010
The English Premier League has attracted investment from some of the world's richest men from Russia's Roman Abramovich at Chelsea to Abu Dhabi billionaire Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan at Manchester City. Now, it seems, is the turn of Asia's largest poultry processor.
The VH Group, the Indian poultry-to-pharmaceuticals conglomerate also known as Venky's, is hatching a deal to buy Blackburn Rovers, one of the country's top 20 clubs and one of the founding members of its first professional football league in 1888.
According to statements from both sides, the deal is set to be secured in a month's time, which would make Blackburn the first Indian-owned outfit in the Premier League.
Venky's management is no doubt too busy dotting the Is and crossing the Ts of the deal to consider where to put their rupees when the next transfer window opens in January but the just-food team has put together a list of who could be (should be?) their targets. Any suggestions for who could make the subs' bench are of course welcome.
1. Marcus HEN-emann
2. Step-HEN Warnock
3. Phil J-EGG-ielka
4. Jordan HEN-derson
5. Brede HEN-geland
6. Titus SCRAMBLED
7. Gabriel EGG-bonlahor
8. Dan GOSLING
10. Javier HEN-andez
11. Matthew EGG-erington
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review