Blog: Blackburn Rovers: possible transfer targets for new owners
Dean Best | 26 October 2010
The English Premier League has attracted investment from some of the world's richest men from Russia's Roman Abramovich at Chelsea to Abu Dhabi billionaire Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan at Manchester City. Now, it seems, is the turn of Asia's largest poultry processor.
The VH Group, the Indian poultry-to-pharmaceuticals conglomerate also known as Venky's, is hatching a deal to buy Blackburn Rovers, one of the country's top 20 clubs and one of the founding members of its first professional football league in 1888.
According to statements from both sides, the deal is set to be secured in a month's time, which would make Blackburn the first Indian-owned outfit in the Premier League.
Venky's management is no doubt too busy dotting the Is and crossing the Ts of the deal to consider where to put their rupees when the next transfer window opens in January but the just-food team has put together a list of who could be (should be?) their targets. Any suggestions for who could make the subs' bench are of course welcome.
1. Marcus HEN-emann
2. Step-HEN Warnock
3. Phil J-EGG-ielka
4. Jordan HEN-derson
5. Brede HEN-geland
6. Titus SCRAMBLED
7. Gabriel EGG-bonlahor
8. Dan GOSLING
10. Javier HEN-andez
11. Matthew EGG-erington
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020