Blog: Blame it on the coffee
Catherine Sleep | 20 July 2004
New research indicates that your early morning cup of coffee could be leaving you tongue-tied. Now, that’s a turn-up for the books.
I’m an enthusiastic drinker of a strong cup of coffee with breakfast to crank up the system and get work off to a good start each day. Not that it’s all about a simple caffeine boost; I’m fussy about the flavour too and like trying new blends. But my routine is certainly also partly about boosting my alertness.
However, research indicates that caffeine can impede the short-term recall of words, meaning it might not be the best tool to gear you up for an important breakfast meeting or business call. Thank goodness the first hour of my working day generally involves more reading than speaking (although it does perhaps explain the morning witterings of some of my colleagues… kidding, guys, kidding!).
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report