Blog: Blogging powerful
Catherine Sleep | 21 February 2006
I’ve always thought of this blog as a little bit of food fluff to help readers through the hard news and analysis that dominates most of the site. Yet it may be more influential than we presume.
A while back one of the team mentioned in the blog the general confusion over cereals, adding that in his local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there was a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it saying ‘wheat’. And under it there were hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
I was speaking to him recently and he told me that within a week of the blog being published, the sign had been corrected. Way to go!
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations