Blog: Blogging powerful
Catherine Sleep | 21 February 2006
I’ve always thought of this blog as a little bit of food fluff to help readers through the hard news and analysis that dominates most of the site. Yet it may be more influential than we presume.
A while back one of the team mentioned in the blog the general confusion over cereals, adding that in his local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there was a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it saying ‘wheat’. And under it there were hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
I was speaking to him recently and he told me that within a week of the blog being published, the sign had been corrected. Way to go!
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill