Blog: Blogging powerful
Catherine Sleep | 21 February 2006
I’ve always thought of this blog as a little bit of food fluff to help readers through the hard news and analysis that dominates most of the site. Yet it may be more influential than we presume.
A while back one of the team mentioned in the blog the general confusion over cereals, adding that in his local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there was a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it saying ‘wheat’. And under it there were hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
I was speaking to him recently and he told me that within a week of the blog being published, the sign had been corrected. Way to go!
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review