Blog: Booker gets green light for Makro buy
Katy Askew | 19 April 2013
The UK Competition Commission has unconditionally cleared the acquisition of Metro's UK business, Makro, by cash and carry operator Booker Group.??
Loss-making wholesaler Makro was sold by its German parent to Booker for GBP139.7m.
Booker has said that the deal will strengthen its presence across the country and the company expects to bring the business into the black as it integrates Makro into its store network.
In its final report, published today (19 April), the Competition Commission concluded that the merged company would continue to face sufficient competition from other wholesalers. ??
In a brief statement Booker Group welcomed the announcement.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities