Blog: Booker gets green light for Makro buy
Katy Askew | 19 April 2013
The UK Competition Commission has unconditionally cleared the acquisition of Metro's UK business, Makro, by cash and carry operator Booker Group.??
Loss-making wholesaler Makro was sold by its German parent to Booker for GBP139.7m.
Booker has said that the deal will strengthen its presence across the country and the company expects to bring the business into the black as it integrates Makro into its store network.
In its final report, published today (19 April), the Competition Commission concluded that the merged company would continue to face sufficient competition from other wholesalers. ??
In a brief statement Booker Group welcomed the announcement.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth