Blog: Briefcases at dawn
Catherine Sleep | 7 June 2004
It’s always good to get back from holiday and find a really juicy food industry news story in full swing, and thanks to Marks & Spencer that’s exactly what we have. Personally I reckon either one of Stuart Rose or Philip Green could make a good fist of what has to be one of the toughest jobs in retailing today and I’m really curious to see what happens.
Talking of fists, media reports claim the pair almost did come to fisticuffs when they met outside M&S headquarters on Friday. Sounds to me more like a laddish show of machismo than anything serious.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target