Blog: Burger panic provokes 911 call
Catherine Sleep | 12 September 2006
Now this, friends, is funny. Check out the audio cast of this phone call placed by an irate and screeching Burger King customer to the emergency services. Essentially she’s insisting on the cops getting down to her local Drive Thru as soon as possible to crack the whip at the staff there who are failing to make up her burger to her exacting requirements. Well, they do say the customer knows best.
You have to hope that if she heard herself on tape, she’d realise what a ridiculous situation she’s created. On the other hand, she does sound deadly serious, so maybe not. Enjoy!
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action