Blog: Business award for Cadbury?
Catherine Sleep | 7 September 2006
Talking of Cadbury Schweppes, I was somewhat taken aback to see the company named among the finalists for a Business of the Year Award, a sought after accolade.
It’s a weird one. Why this year, the very year when Cadbury was forced to recall more than a million chocolate bars because of salmonella contamination? During the five-month period when infected chocolate bars were on sale to the public, a total of 37 people are known to have become ill with the rare salmonella Montevideo strain.
There were huge question marks over the company’s handling of the situation. Just how much has to go wrong for a company before it decides it’s simply not been a great year?
But there you have it, and they're in the final. Winner to be announced 7 November. We’ll keep you posted.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival