Blog: Business award for Cadbury?
Catherine Sleep | 7 September 2006
Talking of Cadbury Schweppes, I was somewhat taken aback to see the company named among the finalists for a Business of the Year Award, a sought after accolade.
It’s a weird one. Why this year, the very year when Cadbury was forced to recall more than a million chocolate bars because of salmonella contamination? During the five-month period when infected chocolate bars were on sale to the public, a total of 37 people are known to have become ill with the rare salmonella Montevideo strain.
There were huge question marks over the company’s handling of the situation. Just how much has to go wrong for a company before it decides it’s simply not been a great year?
But there you have it, and they're in the final. Winner to be announced 7 November. We’ll keep you posted.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020