Blog: Cadbury adds mint to UK Bubbly range
Dean Best | 26 September 2012
Just a quick update on Monday's blog, which detailed Cadbury's plans to launch its next Bubbly flavour for the UK market on Google+.
The confectioner yesterday (25 September) announced the new flavour was mint, adding to a range including Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mini and the flagship Bubbly product launched earlier this year.
The Bubbly line has drawn comparisons with Nestle's Aero bar but Cadbury believes its product and the new mint flavour stands up against its rival.
"I don't want to diss the competition's products but ours is a better tasting product," Noel Woollard, a member of Kraft Foods' global product development team, told just-food yesterday at the company's global centre for excellence for chocolate, which is located at Bournville, south of Birmingham, where Cadbury was founded.
At Bournville yesterday, Cadbury outlined its innovation strategy for chocolate, coverage of which will be on just-food in the coming days.
just-food is closed on Monday (29 August) for a public holiday but, while we down tools, catch up on some must-read insight and interviews....
General Mills is reportedly preparing long-time executive Jeff Harmening to succeed Ken Powell as CEO....
After starting the week with a surprise stock exchange announcement that hit its shares and called into questions its accounting practices, Hain Celestial could be set to receive a boost in the UK....
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips