Blog: Cadbury adds mint to UK Bubbly range
Dean Best | 26 September 2012
Just a quick update on Monday's blog, which detailed Cadbury's plans to launch its next Bubbly flavour for the UK market on Google+.
The confectioner yesterday (25 September) announced the new flavour was mint, adding to a range including Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mini and the flagship Bubbly product launched earlier this year.
The Bubbly line has drawn comparisons with Nestle's Aero bar but Cadbury believes its product and the new mint flavour stands up against its rival.
"I don't want to diss the competition's products but ours is a better tasting product," Noel Woollard, a member of Kraft Foods' global product development team, told just-food yesterday at the company's global centre for excellence for chocolate, which is located at Bournville, south of Birmingham, where Cadbury was founded.
At Bournville yesterday, Cadbury outlined its innovation strategy for chocolate, coverage of which will be on just-food in the coming days.
Five months after Cargill's rumoured interest to buy Archer Daniels Midland's cocoa and chocolate businesses came to nothing, the company today (2 September) announced a deal for part of the assets....
UK health leaders have called for an "emergency task force" to tackle the childhood obesity crisis in the country as, for the first time, they are faced with a generation of patients "who may predecea...
Tyson Foods has completed its US$8.55bn acquisition of Hillshire Brands, with shares in the Jimmy Dean sausage maker delisted before the market opened today (29 August) - and its CEO leaving the busin...
New Zealand dairy group Synlait Milk revealed today (28 August) it has hit the "major milestone" of receiving regulatory clearance to begin exporting finished product from its new NZ$28.5m dry blendin...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape