Blog: Cadbury adds mint to UK Bubbly range
Dean Best | 26 September 2012
Just a quick update on Monday's blog, which detailed Cadbury's plans to launch its next Bubbly flavour for the UK market on Google+.
The confectioner yesterday (25 September) announced the new flavour was mint, adding to a range including Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mini and the flagship Bubbly product launched earlier this year.
The Bubbly line has drawn comparisons with Nestle's Aero bar but Cadbury believes its product and the new mint flavour stands up against its rival.
"I don't want to diss the competition's products but ours is a better tasting product," Noel Woollard, a member of Kraft Foods' global product development team, told just-food yesterday at the company's global centre for excellence for chocolate, which is located at Bournville, south of Birmingham, where Cadbury was founded.
At Bournville yesterday, Cadbury outlined its innovation strategy for chocolate, coverage of which will be on just-food in the coming days.
There has been an increase in M&A among companies in the food sector in recent months - and management consultants at EY expect to the trend to continue....
Nelson Peltz is not letting go. The US billionaire investor is continuing in his quest to get PepsiCo to split in two - and has reportedly suggested a proxy battle with the company could be on the hor...
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises. ...
The boom in demand for dairy products in emerging markets has been underlined by the latest data on the largest companies in the industry....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK