Blog: Cadbury adds mint to UK Bubbly range
Dean Best | 26 September 2012
Just a quick update on Monday's blog, which detailed Cadbury's plans to launch its next Bubbly flavour for the UK market on Google+.
The confectioner yesterday (25 September) announced the new flavour was mint, adding to a range including Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mini and the flagship Bubbly product launched earlier this year.
The Bubbly line has drawn comparisons with Nestle's Aero bar but Cadbury believes its product and the new mint flavour stands up against its rival.
"I don't want to diss the competition's products but ours is a better tasting product," Noel Woollard, a member of Kraft Foods' global product development team, told just-food yesterday at the company's global centre for excellence for chocolate, which is located at Bournville, south of Birmingham, where Cadbury was founded.
At Bournville yesterday, Cadbury outlined its innovation strategy for chocolate, coverage of which will be on just-food in the coming days.
That politicians are selective with the truth is pretty much a given. But it did make this pundit chuckle to hear UK Chancellor George Osborne describe United Biscuits as a "great British company"... ...
Researchers at US-based The NPD Group have expressed optimism in the prospects for the foodservice sector after analysing sales data in 11 markets this summer....
Nestle had some reason for cheer this week when it was confirmed that Maggi noodles should be back on Indian shelves this month....
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea