Blog: Cadbury mess
Catherine Sleep | 6 February 2007
I’ve mentioned before that we receive some funny parcels through the letterbox. As in, funny ‘peculiar’, not necessarily funny ‘ha ha’. Although some fall squarely into both camps, for example today’s missive from Cadbury, makers of the much-loved Creme Egg.
The company was telling us about a link up with YouTube, where viewers are encouraged to make videos of themselves with gooey eggs. To tell us about it, Cadbury sent us a press release with a Creme Egg (thanks guys), but sadly they neglected to send it in a stiffened envelope. The result was a press release covered in smashed Creme egg.
Maybe this was the gag, but it smells like gone-off chocolate and was frankly pretty unappealing. Irony or incompetence? It’s anyone’s guess. See the resulting mess below.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities