Blog: Cadbury mess
Catherine Sleep | 6 February 2007
I’ve mentioned before that we receive some funny parcels through the letterbox. As in, funny ‘peculiar’, not necessarily funny ‘ha ha’. Although some fall squarely into both camps, for example today’s missive from Cadbury, makers of the much-loved Creme Egg.
The company was telling us about a link up with YouTube, where viewers are encouraged to make videos of themselves with gooey eggs. To tell us about it, Cadbury sent us a press release with a Creme Egg (thanks guys), but sadly they neglected to send it in a stiffened envelope. The result was a press release covered in smashed Creme egg.
Maybe this was the gag, but it smells like gone-off chocolate and was frankly pretty unappealing. Irony or incompetence? It’s anyone’s guess. See the resulting mess below.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target