Blog: Cadbury mess
Catherine Sleep | 6 February 2007
I’ve mentioned before that we receive some funny parcels through the letterbox. As in, funny ‘peculiar’, not necessarily funny ‘ha ha’. Although some fall squarely into both camps, for example today’s missive from Cadbury, makers of the much-loved Creme Egg.
The company was telling us about a link up with YouTube, where viewers are encouraged to make videos of themselves with gooey eggs. To tell us about it, Cadbury sent us a press release with a Creme Egg (thanks guys), but sadly they neglected to send it in a stiffened envelope. The result was a press release covered in smashed Creme egg.
Maybe this was the gag, but it smells like gone-off chocolate and was frankly pretty unappealing. Irony or incompetence? It’s anyone’s guess. See the resulting mess below.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) that it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail