Blog: Cadbury turns again to Google+ for next UK product launch
Dean Best | 24 September 2012
A trip to Cadbury's flagship UK plant at Bournville beckons tomorrow (25 September) when the UK confectioner will showcase its NPD work - and use the Google+ networking site to launch its next Dairy Milk Bubbly flavour.
The company will reveal the secret flavour live to its over 2.5m fans on the Google site. Using the Hangout On-Air feature on Google+, Cadbury will give nine fans the chance to sample the flavour. It will also stream the event live on its YouTube channel.
Food manufacturers are increasingly using social media to engage with consumers and Cadbury has been a heavy user of social media for new product activity. Earlier this year, Cadbury launched the Bubbly version of its Dairy Milk bar in the UK via Google+.
As well as the launch, the trip will allow just-food to talk to Cadbury's R&D team at Bournville about recently-developed products, including Cadbury Dairy Milk Toffee Popcorn, Golden Biscuit Crunch and Bubbly Mini - all planned to hit stores this month.
And, of course, next week, Cadbury owner Kraft Foods is formally to split in two, creating the North American grocery business Kraft Foods Group and global snacks company Mondelez International, which will own the UK confectioner and other brands including Oreo. The Bournville facility develops products not just for the UK but for international markets and it will be interesting to hear any hints of plans for the new Mondelez.
The UK retail giant has sought to "simplify" its trade terms with suppliers....
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019