Blog: Cadbury's Heroes shake-up is a Christmas cracker
Dean Best | 19 December 2008
Fighting over the chocolates in a selection box is as central to the festive period in the UK as, well, the Queen's Christmas message .... and falling asleep in front of the TV after stuffing yourself with turkey on Christmas Day.
Now, it seems the debate over the big tins of chocolate under the tree will intensify this Christmas after Cadbury was reported to have changed the chocolates it puts in its tubs of Heroes.
According to The Times, gone are the white chocolate Dream and the Crunchie – to be replaced by Fudge, Bournville and toffee Eclairs.
Cadbury, said The Times, admitted that cost was “definitely a factor” but said it was consumer taste that had driven the decision to chuck out the Crunchie.
Now, there has been some grumbling about this decision but I welcome it.
So what if there'll be a lot of Bournvilles left at the bottom of the tin come 30 December?
More for me!
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review