Blog: Cadbury's Heroes shake-up is a Christmas cracker
Dean Best | 19 December 2008
Fighting over the chocolates in a selection box is as central to the festive period in the UK as, well, the Queen's Christmas message .... and falling asleep in front of the TV after stuffing yourself with turkey on Christmas Day.
Now, it seems the debate over the big tins of chocolate under the tree will intensify this Christmas after Cadbury was reported to have changed the chocolates it puts in its tubs of Heroes.
According to The Times, gone are the white chocolate Dream and the Crunchie – to be replaced by Fudge, Bournville and toffee Eclairs.
Cadbury, said The Times, admitted that cost was “definitely a factor” but said it was consumer taste that had driven the decision to chuck out the Crunchie.
Now, there has been some grumbling about this decision but I welcome it.
So what if there'll be a lot of Bournvilles left at the bottom of the tin come 30 December?
More for me!
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities